Katie O’Donnell ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.
Name & Hometown:
Glenmont, NY

Major/Minor & Why:
Sociology/Criminology

Other things your involved in on campus/work:

I’ve been swimming competitively for 15 years. I normally swim backstroke and IM my favorite is probably the 200 back and my least favorite thing to swim is a toss up between the 200 fly and the 400 IM

How long have you been swimming?
4 Years

What event do you normally swim? What’s your favorite to swim? Least favorite?
I normally swim backstroke and IM my favorite is probably the 200 back and my least favorite thing to swim is a toss up between the 200 fly and the 400 IM

What’s the best part about being a student athlete?
My favorite thing about being a student athlete is the friendships i make with other athletes on campus

What has been some of your most exciting moments on the team?
I was really excited to be invited to NCAAs for the 4th time! Its a really special thing to get to go to the meet all 4 years, its such a fun and unique experience and I love big meets and getting to compete at a national level

We heard you won some big honors! Like the earning First Team All-America accolades in two events and Honorable Mention All-American honors! What does that mean?
Honorable Mention All American means that i got 9-16th place at Nationals in a certain event and First Team all american means that i am top 8 in the country in that particular even.

What do you hope to do after Le Moyne? How will swimming help you in your life after Le Moyne, if it will.
After college I hope to either work for the FBI or go to Grad school to get my masters in social work.  I also hope to do a little bit of coaching for either a collegiate swim team or a club swim team.

What’s a quote/motto you live by?
one of the quotes i live by is “its always okay in the end, if its not okay, its not the end.” 

Biggest pet peeve?
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people crack their knuckles, for some reason it just really grosses me out, i can’t stand it!!

Ivanna Abreu is a junior Communications major at Le Moyne College with a concentration in Advertising and minors in English and Creative Writing. She was born in the Dominican Republic, but was raised in the Bronx, NY. One of her greatest passions in life is the art of communication and how people relate and communicate with each other. Living in New York City only fostered this passion because her whole life she has been surrounded by different cultures and people. Ivanna enjoys writing and reading, specifically about human interest stories. She prides herself in having a great work ethic and unlike some she enjoys constantly being on the move and being busy. In her hands you will always find either her iPhone or coffee (or on a good day both). She also loves all things comedy and is always trying to make someone laugh.