Jenelle Carter ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Year: Junior
Major: Communications

We heard you’re a transfer student, what school did you come from and what made you want to come to Le Moyne?
 I went to Plattsburgh State. I chose Le Moyne because I wanted to go to a smaller school and move away from home.

What is the best thing about being the “new girl” on campus?
The best part about being the “new girl” is making new friends. Everyone has been very welcoming which has made transferring easier than I thought.

Relationship Status: Single

What are three main qualities you look for in a guy?
The three main qualities I look for in a guy are a good sense of humor, ambition and someone with a good heart.

With Valentine’s Day coming up, what do you think would be an ideal date or the perfect gesture?
I think the perfect date would have to be going to dinner and watching movie. Just something simple!

What is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for you for Valentine’s Day?
My high school boyfriend bought me a heart shaped box and had it engraved for me. There was a necklace inside. I think that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me on Valentine’s Day.

Have a Valentine yet?!
No, I do not have a Valentine yet!

Omairys, a born and raised New York City gal of the Dominican descent, is a motivated Communications/Advertising major, with a minor in English. She does not know what she will do with her Communications degree after graduation but is ambitious enough to hope it will be something promising, as this field has been her passion for as long as she could remember. She is actively involved on campus, as she is President of El Progreso, a multicultural organization that strives to raise awareness of the Latino community. She loves to travel: she has traveled to Kenya to work at The Nyumbani Program and will be interning at our nation's capital her senior year! She is hard working, and excited to bring change to her campus---Le Moyne.