Glam Glutes: This Week’s Fitness Issues Conquered!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

I’m back again ladies! This week were targeting a different area of the body. We’re focusing on our beloved booties! We all know we want a nice toned tush, so I have the perfect Power Move to help you achieve just that!

The Power Move is called Glute Kickbacks and it’s purpose is to isolate yourglute and hamstring it’s super simple and here’s how you do them:

For starters like with all exercises make sure you do a quick warm up of your choice to make sure you don’t strain any muscles!

Alright so step one is to go on the floor on all fours with your hands and knees so that you are totally facing the floor. Then you want to slowly extend at the hip and while you do that you want to draw one leg back. If you’re doing it right you should be able to feel the burn in your glute on the same side as the leg you’re extending. Next you’re going to lower the extended leg in a slow controlled motion while stopping short of your starting position to make sure you work out that glute. Repeat this for 20 to 25 reps and change legs or do as many times as you can and then switch legs.

And wahh la ! There you have a simple move to keep your tush in check!

Val’s Playlist of the Week:

Unbroken- Demi Lovato
Power- Kanye West
Smile Back- Mac Miller
Feels So Close – Calvin Harris
Heart Attack- Trey Songz
Kelly Clarkson- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
Explode- Patrick Stump
Levels – Avicii (Skrillex Remix)
Pink- Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
Wide Awake- Katy Perry 

Junior Communications Major with a concentration in Journalism. Minors in Creative Writing, Art, English, and Business.