This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Everyone has those days where they just don’t want to go to the gym, but that doesn’t mean you have to skip out on exercising all together. Here are a few exercises that can be done from the comfort of your own dorm room, using little to no equipment.

Cardio:

1.     Jumping Jacks: This gym class staple has the potential to burn major calories. Try 3 sets of 50-100. These are best done during the day when you don’t have to worry about someone on the floor below you trying to sleep. 

2.     Hip Twists: To do this exercise, stand with your hands clasped in front of you and your feet together. Keeping your hands in the same position, jump while twisting your hips to the left, then quickly do the same to the right. Try 3 sets of 50-100.

3.     Stairs: This one is easy. Simply walk or run up and down the stairs in your building. For an extra challenge and glute workout, take the stairs 2 at a time. Try running up and down the stairs 3 times, or walking up and down 5 times.

Legs/Glutes:

1.     Squats: To perform a regular squat, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and keeping your feet flat on the floor, lower yourself as far as you can, hold, then come back up. A variation of this is the wide leg squat, in which you stand with your feet double shoulder-width, then perform the same motion. For an added bonus use a heavy object as a weight while performing this exercise. Try 4 sets of 20 reps.

2.     Donkey Kicks: For this exercise, start off on your hands and knees. Extend one leg off the floor and up behind you, pause, then bring back to the starting position. Repeat on the opposite leg. Try 3 sets of 15 reps each leg.

3.     Walking Lunges: Start at one end of the room. Bend one leg forward and have your other leg bent behind you, almost to the floor. Bring yourself again and repeat with the opposite leg. Do this across the room 3 times, each time should be about 10 lunges.

Abs:

1.     Plank: This is the best exercise you can do for your core. Brace your body on your forearms and toes, pull in your abs and hold yourself in this position for 45 seconds to a minute. Repeat. (Don’t drop or raise your butt! Keep your body in a straight line).

2.     Leg Lifts: Lie flat on your back. Slowly raise your legs off the floor, then bring back down; however, don’t let them touch the floor. Repeat. Try 3 sets of 10.

3.     Reverse Crunches: Lie on your back with your legs at a 90 degree angle to your body. Bring your legs into your chest while simultaneously bringing your chest up, as you would in a regular crunch. Stretch your legs out and repeat. Try 3 sets of 50.

Arms:

1.     Tricep Dips: Use your chair or the edge of your bed for this. Place your arms behind you on a flat surface. Slide your butt off the bed or chair and brace yourself with your feet flat on the floor. Straighten your elbows, and then bend them until they’re at a 90 degree angle, lowering your body. Repeat. Try 2 sets of 15.

2.     Push Ups: Place your hands shoulder width apart on the floor, and brace yourself on your toes. Slowly lower your body and bend your elbows; bring yourself back up. Try 2 sets of 10.

19. Junior at Le Moyne College. Obsessed with wine, friends, fun, and food.