A Collegiette’s Guide to Summer Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Summer is right around the corner, and you know what that means: warm sunny days by the pool or beach await you! So trade in your textbooks for a new pair of shades. Ditch your yoga pants for a cute bikini. Summer is here so get ready for the sun with these summer staples! Sunglasses and bathing suits are the essentials for a summer full of fun. But prepare yourself before you shop! There are tons of different styles of bathing suits and sunglasses to choose from! Do some research before you swipe your credit card and familiarize yourself with the different styles.

Sunglasses

Hippy: You know which ones I mean. Think Austin Powers. Those round, bright colored glasses mean you’re here to party.

Retro: We can thank Robert Pattinson for making Ray Bans a must-have in department stores everywhere.

Diva: Anything over-the-top or sparkly falls in this category. Better yet, if you go for anything you’ve seen Lady Gaga wear you likely belong in this group.

Party: You know those glasses that don’t serve any purpose other than classify you as the drunk girl at the party? If someone makes you feel stupid for wearing sunglasses without lenses, just respond, “sorry for party rockin’.” LMFAO will be proud.

Bathing Suits

Bikini: The bikini is the bathing suit must-have. Every girl needs a good-fitting, reliable bathing suit. A bikini is ideal because with so many to choose from, it’s not hard to find one that you love!

One-Piece: Yes ladies, it IS possible to pull off a one-piece! You just need to know your body type and what you want going into a shopping trip. When in doubt, go for black. It makes everyone look sexier!

Cut-Out: The cut-out bathing suit is the new hot must-have as far as bathing suits go. With so many celebrities rocking this look, its popularity is growing! This is one bandwagon you should definitely jump on!