The Breaking Down of the Breaking Dawn Part 2 Soundtrack!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

WRITTEN BY ABIGAIL ADAMS

Some of my favorites are:

“Where I Come From” by Passion Pit: Classic Passion Pit sound which sounds like toys, bells, and many light/airy sounds. If you’re a fan of Passion Pit you will not be disappointed by this cute song.

“Bittersweet” by Ellie Goulding: Ellie lends her fairy like unique voice to this amazing love song. This is a truly beautiful song with lyrics like “Your cheek is softly by the sun, makes my heart beat like a drum.”

“The Forgotten” by Green Day: This is not the typical Green Day song we usually hear. This track is slower with softer lyrics. “The Forgotten” is definitely a reminder that Twilight has left a lasting memory with so many fans; this song reminds us of how fast this phenomenon went by.

“Fire In the Water” by Feist: This shorter song has a very Florence and the Machine vibe to it. As dark and slow as this song sounds it has a hidden underlying beauty in the lyrics, such as, “Love’s the sweetest feeling, openly believing.”

“Heart of Stone” by Iko: This song is definitely one of my favorites from the album. “Heart of Stone” is definitely a sad track but the singer shows such beauty just from her delicate voice. The lyrics are very simple but eloquently written.

“Cover Your Tracks” by A Boy and His Kite: Unknown bands are kind of a “Twilight Soundtrack” specialty. “Cover Your Tracks” has a Switchfoot feel to it. It has very pretty verses and a cold chill worthy chorus. The lyrics to this song could easily be my new life motto; it delivers such a great message.

“Ghosts” by James Vincent McMorrow: Sounds a little like the band The Temper Trap. Another slow guitar driven song but has a really lovely message.

“All I’ve Ever Needed” by Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed: It is really amazing Nikki Reed (who plays Rosalie) got to sing on the soundtrack for the movie she’s in. These two remind me of a new age Fleetwood Mac minus the pop sound. The piano in this track is incredibly charming. Not to mention the perfectly pitched harmony between this adorable married couple.

And last but definitely not least…

“A Thousand Years, Pt 2 (feat. Steve Kazee)” by Christina Perri: This song was perfect the first time and it’s even better the second time around. Warning: If listened to all the way through, definitely have tissues handy.

Some of my non-favorites:

“Everything and Nothing” by The Boom Circuits: I’m going to be honest I have never heard of this band, but they have a very unique sound. This track is very repetitive. Definitely not one of my favorites from the album.

“Antidote” by St. Vincent: This song sounds like an old school rock song. It has almost an 80’s vibe to it. Lyrics didn’t impress me.

“Speak Up” by POP ETC: Really beautifully guitar driven song with enticing lyrics that are geared to love. Not a song I would want to listen to over and over.

“New for You” by Reeve Carney: Carney delivers a slower song, which ends up kind of boring. There is some great vocal range but not one of my top picks.

“Plus Que Ma Propre Vie” by Carter Burwell: Mr. Burwell always delivers his best. He leaves us with a beautiful piano medley that I am sure will grace the main menu on the Breaking Dawn DVD. Burwell never ceases to capture the beauty with some slow piano notes, a singing chorus, string section, few plucks on a guitar, and some wind chimes. The only downside is that this track is basically all instrumental which is not too popular among the young people these days.

Camlyn will be a senior at Le Moyne college in the Fall of 2012. She's majoring in Communications with a concentration in Print Journalism and is a Creative Writing minor. As an NYC native, Camlyn indulges in anything that involes fashion and daily lifestyles. She aspires to be something like the modern day Carrie Bradshaw, as a magazine journalist for one of her favorite magazines. She has interned with Mercedes Sanchez, founder of her own fashion and beauty blog, BeChicMag.com and ELLE Magazinge. Along with being a HC Correspondent, Camlyn is the PR representative to the Latino based club on campus, El Progreso.More than anything, Camlyn is just super excited to be a part of the HC team! <33