Top 10 Holiday Teas from DAVIDsTEA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Laurier Brantford chapter.

If you’re an avid tea drinker like myself you will have been thrilled to notice that DAVID’S Teas released a 24-day advent calendar featuring their holiday tea collection. Last year I purchased the advent calendar and fell in love with almost all of the holiday teas but it was definitely a small investment at almost $50. For the 2018 season, however, they released their large $50 calendar but also two cheaper options at $25. Here are my top 10 favourite teas from the DAVID’S TEA 2017 and 2018 holiday collection:

10. Forever Nuts

A caffeine-free herbal tea mixed with almond slices, sweet apple, cinnamon bark, and beetroot to give it its pink colour, offering a nutty flavour.  

9. Organic North African Mint

This lightly-spiced mint green tea is low in caffeine but high in cardamom, ginger, licorice root and fennel flavour.

8. Hot Chocolate

A mix of black and pu’erh tea to create a blend that tastes identical to hot chocolate yet is lighter on the stomach.

Samantha’s suggestion: I have a hard time drinking hot chocolate because I find it heavy on the stomach, so this is an amazing alternative.  

7. Coffee pu’erh

This highly caffeinated pu’erh tea has an earthy, coffee taste with creamy vanilla and almond undertones.

Samantha’s suggestion: if you just love the taste of coffee but have a caffeine sensitivity like myself, this tea is the perfect solution.

6. Organic Cinnamon Rooibos Chia

A rooibos, caffeine-free tea is an aromatherapy dream with flavours of cinnamon and Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil.

5. Sleigh Ride

This caffeine-free herbal tea is a fruity and spice-infused tea with protonate flavours of cinnamon, apples, almonds, hibiscus and beetroot.

4. Spiced Apple

A sweet and spice-infused apple, fig and chai spices create this caffeine-free herbal tea.

3. Santa’s Secret

This black tea with high levels of caffeine is a blend of Chinese black tea and peppermint leaves with real little candy canes.  

2. Candy Cane Crush

This low caffeine black tea is rich in peppermint flavour with real chunks of candy cane and white chocolate chips.

Samantha’s suggestion: if you’ve ever thought that eating a candy cane was too difficult and you just wanted to drink it, then you’re in luck with this tea!

1. Glitter and Gold

While these don’t go in any particular order, Glitter and Gold is my favourite tea from the holiday collection, which now has a permanent spot in their store all year round.  

Glitter and Gold is a high-caffeine black tea infused with cinnamon, clove, and vanilla with tiny gold and shimmery, star-shaped sprinkles.

Samantha McGregor

Laurier Brantford '21

Hi! I’m Samantha and I am a fourth-year Digital Media and Journalism student, minoring in leadership. I am the 2020/2021 Editor-in-Chief and co-president for the Laurier Brantford Chapter.