This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Laurier Brantford chapter.

Who is Antoni Porowski? Antoni is not only a member of the Fab Five from Netflix’s reboot of Queer Eye, but he is also a chef, model, and actor. On top of all of that, he is also one of the sweetest people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. Yes, I said “meeting”! 

Tuesday, November 19th, 2019 will go down in history as one of the greatest days of my life. Not only did I WIN front-row seats to see Antoni, but I also WON tickets to meet him (#SUDoesThat). I did so by running around the Student Centre, like a wild animal, trying to find photos of the faces of the Fab Five. I had to take selfies with each photo and then post them to my story (sorry to everyone who had to see these brutal pics). 

This show was spectacular, as was seeing Waldo the Corgi, but before the show was an absolute dream come true because, you know, I met him. 

Antoni Porowski and Meghan Cameron (me) standing side by side. Both smiling and having a blast, obviously. 

Is Antoni as sweet in person as he is on Queer Eye? Yes. Do I hope everyone has a chance to meet this Food and Wine Expert? Absolutely. I brought along my dear friend, Cheyanne and we all got a photo together.

Cheyanne Mulchinock, Antoni Porowski, Meghan Cameron standing together for a photo before the show.

After our initial meeting, Antoni did the sweetest thing and FaceTimed my sister to chat with her. He immediately noticed her Taylor Swift hoodie, talked to her about Lover and her top three songs from the album (but he was definitely disappointed with her choices haha). It was a remarkable experience and I’m glad I had a chance to share it with two of my best friends! 

Antoni Porowski and Abagael Cameron (my sister) FaceTiming.

The cooking demonstration was great, and the Q&A was enlightening, but that meet and greet really made the whole night magical! I truly enjoyed meeting Antoni, talking to him and getting to know him a bit before he went on stage. Was I awkward? Sure! Would I change anything about it? Not a chance.

Antoni Porowski and Waldo the Corgi sharing a sweet moment on stage. Antoni has a dog treat in his mouth and is crouching down so Waldo will take it and give Antoni a kiss in the process. You can find Waldo on Instagram @Waldocorgi

Of course, none of it would have been possible without the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union! They organized the whole event and were the ones who selected me to win the tickets. They also organized the contest for the meet and greet, which was super cool! 

All in all, the whole night was spectacular. The atmosphere was wonderful, I had a great time, and I got to meet someone I idolize. They say never meet your idols, well I say “why the heck not?!” If you have the chance to meet someone you respect and think highly of then take that chance.

All photos included in this article were taken by math.made.

Meghan Cameron

Laurier Brantford '20

Meghan is a fourth-year Criminology student with a passion for writing. She enjoys tea, petting dogs, and thrift shopping. Meghan spends her days planning trips she can't yet afford and practicing her award show acceptance speech! Give her a follow on Instagram @megeghan_c for punny captions and too many selfies.
.