This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Laurier Brantford chapter.

Laurier Brantford has various opportunities for student involvement in and around the campus. However, the Black Student Community also known as, BSC is one of the very few student involvement groups that not only works to encourage, educate and empower individuals but is also dedicated to allowing the voices of many to be heard and understood. Through informative powerpoint presentations, intellectual conversations and organized debates, the BSC contributors are constantly working to open the minds of individuals, by promoting the right of free thought and advancing the views of many, on mainstream issues. During a BSC meeting, discussions surrounding the issues of mental health, race, and self-awareness are just a few of the many topics that are often the focus of conversation, for the fact that these topics affect each of us in one way or another.

It is guaranteed that after you leave a BSC meeting, you’ll want to encourage other individuals to join because of how educated and empowered you’ll feel after learning and engaging in conversations that matter to you. All individuals are welcomed and are urged to come out, as everyone’s opinions and views are valid. BSC takes place every Monday at 10 pm inside the Carnegie building. Come out & see what it’s all about!

Ebony Bryan

Laurier Brantford '22

Hello everyone! My name is Ebony Bryan and I'm a 2nd-year Criminology Student at Wilfrid Laurier University. I'm all thing's 90's, feminism and human rights.
.