The Angel Shot Could Save Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Laurier Brantford chapter.

Have you ever been to a bar and felt uncomfortable or unsafe because someone was determined to talk to you or buy you a drink? Ordering the “angel shot” could potentially save you from this situation.

Asking for an angel shot lets the bartender know that you want help. There are three variations of this order:

1. “Angel shot” will let the bartender know that you want them to walk you to your car.

2. “Angel shot with ice” will let the bartender know that you want them to call an Uber or Lyft.

3. “Angel shot with lime” will let the bartender know that you want them to call the police.

This concept was conceived in a small Florida restaurant in 2016. In the day and age of Tinder and Bumble, it is extremely important to stay safe. However, even if you just have a bad feeling it is good to know this trick that has the power to save your day.

Liz Shiro

Laurier Brantford '21

I am a second year journalism student at Laurier Brantford. This year I am the communication director for Digital Media and Journalism Student Association. I am passionate about writing, videography and makeup. I also create videos for She Scores and play badminton.