This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Laurier Brantford chapter.

Looking for some room decor pieces to warm-up your bedroom this winter? Her Campus LB has got you covered with a list of cool gadgets and cute decor that will help make your room feel nice and cozy this winter season! A few of these items actually come as recommendations by yours truly! 

Here are 10 must-have items for your winter room decor:

Message light board

This light-up message board is a perfect addition to any room 365 days a year! What better way to brighten up your mood with a positive message or daily count down to the holidays? Honestly, the sky’s the limit to make it what you want!

Squishmallows

For the days you need something squishy and comfy to cuddle at night, these cute Squishmallow pillows make the perfect stuffies to hug! With the variety of animals and plushies to choose from, there’s no resisting the urge to squish your new friend! (They even have Christmas plushies)

Fuzzy slippers

I don’t know about you, but being in my fuzzy slippers makes walking around my house so much better. You can’t go wrong with a nice pair of fuzzy slippers from Forever21 for only $9. They are so comfy and simple to slip on to get nice, warm, and cozy quickly. I personally like the open-toe ones so that your feet can breathe without the build-up of sweat but stay cozy in the thickness of the fuzz!

Luxury throw/heated blanket

If you’re anything like me, having more than one blanket during the winter is a MUST. Luxury throws are essential to keeping warm and cozy for those chilly nights inside. They are perfect to keep yourself under while watching holiday movies or making sure you don’t get cold at night.

Golden pineapple

I know what you’re thinking, “why would I need a golden pineapple during the winter?” But I think it’s essential to remember that when you can’t change your circumstances, you can change the way you think about it. What better way to do that than keeping tropical decorations to remind of those hot days under the sun? Don’t feel so blue, stay golden with this pineapple! I personally found mine at HomeSense for only $7.99 but the link is there just for a visual!

Curtain lights

There’s nothing more I love about the illuminating ambience in a room and that is why I highly suggest getting curtain lights to add to your room decor. Lights have a way of lifting my spirits especially during the winter and sleeping with them on, sort of adding some Christmas magic in my home.

Mug

You really can’t go wrong with a witty mug to add some holiday cheer to your overall room decor. Perfect for drinking hot cups of cocoa and a fun way to start your day if you are a coffee drinker.

Room heater

For those ice-cold blizzarding nights, a space heater might be what you need to get your hands on this winter. For me, these things come in handy when the heat through the house just isn’t enough. You should always check with your room situations to make sure you have the space for it as these are not meant to be used in spaces with items or furniture close to it. However, this is a must-have item to have for your room if 5 blankets on top of your comforter are just not keeping you warm enough!

Light therapy for SAD

Light-therapy lamps for the winter are essential, not only to make sure you are getting enough daylight throughout the winter solstice but also to prevent you from developing Seasonal Affective Disorder (read more about it in my previous article here!) These lights can be found on Amazon and are really easy to use! However, be sure to do your research as there are many different variations that go from blue light to LED light therapy. Be sure to look into what light would be a good fit for you and your needs! 

Mini Christmas tree 

Last, but not least, to really bring in the Christmas cheer this season is to set up a cute mini-Christmas tree for your desk or dresser! While there are many variations you can get, I personally am a fan of the white light-up Christmas trees! I love watching the lights twinkle in my room at night and it just really does make me feel that there is peace on Earth in that moment. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, try setting up a mini sentimental object from your holiday like a menorah or a kinara. Or decorate with winter decor, like snowflakes and snowmen, if you don’t celebrate anything!

Those are my 10 must-have pieces of room decorations you need for your room this winter! Share this post and comment what items you have or want to be getting to add to your room decor!

Nataly Manychanh

Laurier Brantford '22

3rd year BA Digital Media and Journalism '22 First Generation student. Amateur writer. Self-proclaimed comedian. Well-known procrastinator.
.