Style

You’re Invited To…Wedding Dress Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week, we will be discussing the 2020 wedding dress trends. If the couple is the most important part of the big day, the dress comes second. Everyone is waiting to see what it looks like and what the bride has chosen to wear. Here are some of the top trends that have been seen or are expected to be seen in 2020. 

1. Coverage

This year we can expect to see brides wearing dresses that are fuller and overall have more coverage than before. This can include high necklines, long sleeves, etc. 

2. Green 

It has been said that the color green will be appearing in various aspects of wedding dresses during 2020. This could include green designs or patterns, or even the dress itself being a various shade of green. 

3. Minimalist Vibes

2020 brides have decided to go for a more simple look. This means there is not a lot of crazy detail or design, many brides have decided to go very simple with plain white dresses. 

4. Suits

Many brides have chosen to not wear a dress at all for their big day. A new trend that has been emerging is the use of suits instead of a dress. Brides typically wear suits in white or pink tones with details such as stones or lace. 

5. Capes

Capes are a new idea that many brides have been using. Adding a cape to a dress can give it a whole new look and vibe, and many brides are looking for that this year. 

These are some of the new trends that have been emerging and I am very excited to see how they play out over the year and what other trends may emerge.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)