You’re Invited To… Outrageous Reception Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Welcome to You’re Invited To… – a weekly recap of trends, themes, ideas, and exciting news within the event industry!

Weddings are all about leaving your guests with lasting memories, and one of the best ways to do that is by having an over the top event. A way that couples have been showing off during their big day is with crazy receptions. They bring out many different vendors and activities to make sure you are having the best night possible. Here are some of the types of things that couples have been doing: 

Bounce House

A bounce house can be fun for all ages! Couples can order it in the color that matches their wedding theme or with the matching accents.

Have live animals!

Couples can have animals come to their reception! Weddings at farms sometimes include this, but there are also rental companies that actually allow you to have a certain type of animal or even a petting zoo come to your big day!

Hire a food truck instead of a caterer!

Many couples are starting to follow this trend. Food trucks are a great idea because they offer such a large variety of food, some are very laid back while others are very fancy. You can also have them come just later in the night for more of a late-night snack. You could also have an ice cream truck come for a similar feel.

Having the wedding at a unique venue 

When you have your wedding and reception at a unique venue, you open the doors to what your guests are able to do and explore. Some venues can include aquariums, museums, parks, and even bowling alleys.

Mini Golf 

Everyone loves mini golf, both children and adults. This is a great way to get everyone at your reception involved and having a great time on your big day.

These are just a few of the many ways couples have been raising the bar with their reception activities!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)