This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With the holiday season comes Yankee swaps, office holiday parties, and Christmas dinners. For all of these events, you want to have a playlist that sets the tone but is also festive and merry. To get you started, here’s a few of the best holiday songs to add to your playlist:

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee

A classic that you’ll find in nearly every Christmas movie, that can’t help but bring up feelings of nostalgia.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Michael Buble – or pretty much any Michael Buble Christmas song

From an up and coming pop artist to one of the artists people most closely associated with Christmas music, there is just something about his voice and they way he sings these old classics that makes everyone feel jolly.

Jingle Bell Rock by Bob Helms

Another true classic, and a must for every holiday playlist, you might even find people singing along from when they learned it as a kid!

All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey

Besides being a popular meme, this is also just a great, upbeat Christmas song that will surely put everyone in your party in the holiday mood.

Christmas Time is Here by Guaraldi

People will probably recognize it from the Peanuts cartoons, but I think this is one of the most beautiful Christmas songs I’ve heard; from the nostalgia to the soothing piano and the white noise background, something about it is just so comforting.

Linus and Lucy by the Vince Guaraldi Trio

Better know as just “the Peanuts song”, this is the song the characters dance to at the Christmas show, but, like Christmas Time is Here, is also just a damn good Christmas song.

You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch by Tyler, The Creator

The soundtrack for the new Grinch movie definitely took everyone by surprise, as Tyler, The Creator took an interesting spin on some of the original songs from the movie, including this one which- beyond a festive song, is just a bop in general and much more suited for an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.

Consider adding one or all of these songs to your holiday party playlist and have fun reminiscing in old classics and new age covers of all our favorite seasonal songs.