Career

Work Ethic Lessons and Life Lessons I’ve Learned From Women In My Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In honor of women’s history month, it’s given me the ability to think and reflect on some powerful women. I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to work with my trainer (Rachel), who is the person behind this article.  In this article, I’ll be sharing life lessons that I’m learned from one of the hardest working badass women I know.

Lesson #1: How far compassion goes

The one thing I’ve learned from Rachel is how important compassion is. Even after a long crazy day, with probably no sleep, or some tricky situation,  Rachel always shows that she cares, and listens. She cares about every single person she interacts with and is compassionate regardless of how they interact with her, or what their own background maybe, or even the hour of the day.

Lesson #2: Positivity and outlook can change a whole vibe 

Another thing that I’ve learned from Rachel is how to put things in perspective, and how to have a positive attitude. As simple as it may be, having a positive attitude really makes a difference. Coming from someone who doesn’t normally have one, it really changes the dynamic when there’s positivity. And clearly, life happens, and it’s not always a great day, but Rachel always manages to put things in perspective, and savor the moment.

Lesson #3: you have to get back up and not let it scare you

I’ve, unfortunately, witnessed Rachel watched her get bit by an animal, not once but twice. Despite the excruciating pain, she may be going through, she always jumps back into the game and keeps going on. And while the pain may be temporary, some people may be fearful. And while I’m positive there have been times she doesn’t want to get back up, she always does. She doesn’t muddle through either, she picks herself up, and doesn’t let the past stop her.

While I could go on and on about how I feel inspired by Rachel, I’m going to conclude with her. I encourage everyone to continue to be a badass, be compassionate, positive, and get right back up after you’ve fallen, just like ive learned to do. Also, let badass women know how amazing they are! That’s what the world needs more of.

Rose Keane

Lasell '23

Rose is a sophomore psychology student at Lasell University. Outside from school, she can be found at the mall shopping, hiking, working, or spending time with her animals.
Rose Miller

Lasell '23

lasell '23 video and radio production concentration :)