Career > Her20s

International Women’s Week Spotlight: Her Campus’ Hannah!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Throughout Women’s Week, we at Her Campus Lasell are spotlighting Women all around the world of all kinds. As activism starts at home, I interviewed our member Hannah Paulo about what women inspire her and how she inspires women.

What does International Women’s Week mean to me?

March is Women’s History Month, and during this month, we celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8th. To me, this month and this day are just celebrations of the strong women who make up a large portion of our population. It’s also a celebration of feminism and how far we have come. It’s recognition for a group of people that have historically been recognized less than other groups.

Who are the women I look up to in my own life?

In my own life, there are a couple of different women that I look up to. One of these is my mom, who is such a strong, supportive, amazing woman. She has been through a lot in life, but she’s always made it out the other side with a smile on her face and love in her heart. Plus, she’s just absolutely hysterical — you genuinely will not meet someone who is funnier than my mom. Another woman in my life who I look up to is my roommate. She is a super strong individual (both figuratively and literally), and she is also just such a smart person. She’s a woman in both athletics and STEM, and I think that speaks volumes about the kind of person she is.

Who are the women I look up to in history or public life?
In the public arena, one of the women I look up to is Michelle Obama. When Barack Obama was President (and even before and after that), I always thought she was such an amazing example of a strong woman in charge. I would legitimately vote for her for President, and her time on Disney Channel encouraging people to eat cleaner and exercise more really stuck in my mind.

What should we do to empower those around us?
In order to empower those around us, I think it’s important that we simply lift each other up. Instead of putting each other down, let’s make sure that we are supporting everyone and making them feel welcome.

Millie Rose

Lasell '24

Millie is a Sophomore at Lasell, where she majors in Fashion Media and Marketing. She is both British and an identical twin, so she's basically Annie from The Parent Trap. Her biggest accomplishment is being one of the top 0.01% of Taylor Swift listeners on Spotify.