Winter Wonderland Vibes, but Make it Indie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

These are my top 15 songs that are not necessarily holiday themed, but still, give me that winter/holiday feeling. So grab your hot chocolate, light a candle, and press play for the ultimate winter vibes. 

1. Christmas Wrapping -The Waitresses (I heard this song for the first time while watching “How I Met Your Mother”, and I can’t help but think of the show when I listen to it. It also is the ultimate vibe to kick off the playlist.)
  2. Heather -Conan Gray (The 3rd of December.) (Someone give me their sweater please, thanks.) 
  3. 505 -Arctic Monkeys (I think the familiarity of this song reminds me of the familiarity of the holidays, hence why it made it onto this playlist.) 
  4. Potter Waltz -Patrick Doyle (Y’all really thought I wouldn’t include a Harry Potter song. Also linked is the iconic ball scene, you’re welcome.)
  5. Winter Wonderland -beabadoobee (A winter classic, but make it indie.)
  6. Everybody Loves Somebody -Dean Martin (Whenever I hear this song, I picture an old couple slow dancing in front of the Christmas tree.)  
  7. ‘Tis the Damn Season -Taylor Swift (Because yes, Taylor, it is time to ‘tis the damn season.)  
  8. Until I Found You -Stephen Sanchez (This sounds like dancing around the kitchen at 2 am making Christmas cookies with your partner.) 
  9. Dream a Little Dream of MeElla Fitzgerald (This gives me that wishful holiday spirit for some reason.)
  10. Vienna -Billy Joe (the holiday season can be so busy, slow down, you’re doing fine.) 
  11. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas -Phoebe Bridgers
  12. La Vie En Rose -Louis Armstrong (I have been obsessed with this song since I was little. I will find some way to relate it to any time of year, to be honest.)
  13. Cardigan -Taylor Swift (Apparently Miss Swift gets two appearances on this playlist, and we are just going to vibe with it.)
  14. Baby I’m Yours  -Arctic Monkeys (This cover is just chef’s kiss. More of those dancing around a record player vibes.) 
  15. Christmas Time is Here (Instrumental)  -Vince Guaraldi Trio (And have to end with a classic, of course.) 
Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!