This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Does anyone else remember Vine? I remember spending countless hours after school watching the iconic six-second videos. There are lines/phrases that will forever live rent-free in my head because of Vine. Such as “Road work ahead…I sure hope it does” and “stopppp you almost made me drop my croissant”.

One of my favorite memories of Vine was recreating or creating my own videos with my friends in our free time. We would have so much fun. As well as sending them to each other when we weren’t together or just across the room from each other. It was a platform that got certain creators people’s attention and in turn, got them famous whether they were funny, a great singer, dancer, or just attractive. Or even a platform to communicate with people that had the same interest or humor as you.

Vine had the comedic relief that was everything my ten-year-old self needed. And definitely was a fad of our childhood and those videos are still floating around out there. Until it faded away and musical.ly became popular which I never participated in until that turned into Tiktok. Which I believe to be the best as you can do longer videos and is a generally better platform. It’s interesting seeing how apps change or the new variations/ideas that are based on them. Or how they are just a phase and grow out of use. Do you guys have any favorite videos or quotes from Vine? Which do you prefer, Vine, Musical.ly, or TikTok? 

Kaylee Bickford is a Junior at Lasell University studying psychology. She is also a member of Class Committee as the Junior Class Treasurer and CAB. A few fun facts about her are; she absolutely loves sloths, obsessed with her birthday, and Christmas is her favorite holiday. Her instagram can be found at @kaylee_bickford.