This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I have come to the realization within the past two years that pink is my favorite color. Not to be that basic b*tch, but I just love the color. Some shades make me feel feminine and soft, while other shades make me feel sexy and bad*ss, and I love that there are so many hues of pink to make me feel so many different ways. I love pink so much that I have many items in the color, including but not limited to…

• Laptop case
  • AirPods case
  • Bed linens
  • Wall Tapestry
  • Water bottle(s)
  • Shower towels
  • Toothbrush
  • Clothing
  • Sports equipment
  • Jewelry
  • Personal planner
  • SO MUCH MORE

I know this may seem crazy, but hear me out: there is so much satisfaction in having all of my personal effects match. Walking into class with my pink water bottle, my pink laptop case, and my pink planner makes me feel excited, put together, and expressive of who I am. Having these things surround me in my favorite color is exciting. Everywhere I look in my personal space I see my favorite color and I feel joyous at that moment because of the color pink. Being put together, or at least giving off the impression that I’m put together is also such a positive impact having all pink has brought me. Not only is it satisfying that everything matches, but I know what’s mine and other people know that it’s mine, kind of like a trademark. Personally, I view matching sets, whether it be flatware, clothing articles, etc., as being more put together than something that doesn’t match. My most important reasoning, and in your opinion probably the most logical to you as a reader not in my head, is my pink items are expressive of who I am. I am a very feminine “girly-girl”, any stereotype you could think of for a ”girly-girl” I probably fit, and I’m okay with that. My femininity is very important to me, and I like to have all of my pink things, so it is incredibly apparent that I am a girly girl. Now I know pink is not just a color for girls, but this is my personal expression and I want people to know this important part of my personality, and my way of showing it is individual to me, it’s alright if it’s not for you. 

Hi! Im a junior at Lasell University majoring in interdisciplinary studies with a focus in education curriculum and a minor in fashion design. Im interested in books, drawing, language, and Im very excited for people to read and hopefully enjoy my work!