Career > Money

Where you should Donate this Giving Tuesday in the Boston Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Giving Tuesday is a wonderful day that rolls around after the Thanksgiving Holiday. Although Giving Tuesday is often overlooked due to the hype around Black Friday or Cyber Monday it is always important to give back, especially during the Holiday Season. If you cannot donate money, time is also a valuable resource to offer. Here is a list of some organizations in Boston accepting Giving Tuesday donations that you should support…

1. Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Program

The BHCHP is an amazing organization that gives high-quality healthcare to members of the Boston community experiencing homelessness. For this Giving Tuesday, their kind donors will be doubling donations up to $50,000! 

2.   The Junior League of Boston

Support the female youth of Boston through a donation to The Junior League of Boston. They are a fabulous organization that focuses on the importance of volunteering. They aim to foster future females on their journey to becoming civic leaders.

3.  Boston Children’s Hospital Trust

The trust benefits children patients and their families as they receive treatment at Boston Children’s Hospital. The trust provides funding to families to reduce stress so they can focus on their children. Your donation also provides funding for medical research.

4.  The Greater Boston Food Bank

The Greater Boston Food Bank has its 11th annual Hunger-Free Holidays campaign. Your donation helps those facing food insecurity in the Boston area with a holiday meal. Even better, Stop and Shop and Biogen are matching donations up to $450,000. 

5.   YW Boston

YW Boston focuses on social justice. They work to eliminate racism and empower women, especially women of color. They campaign for inclusion through their InclusionBoston campaign which helps to create an emphasis on diversity in the workplace. Additionally, they also hold many events and work with youth to promote social equity. 

6.  Project Bread

Covid-19 has created a bigger food insecurity issue. Project Bread helps families in Massachusetts connect to reliable sources of food. They aim to end the cycle of food insecurity.

I hope this November 30th you are inspired to give back for Giving Tuesday. This list of resources are all great charities to give back to, but I encourage you to find an organization you feel passionate about supporting, whether that be with your time, money, or your resources. Have a wonderful start to your Holiday Season!

Isabelle is a Sophmore Elementary Education major at Lasell! She also is working towards her minor in History. On campus, Isabelle is involved in HerCampus, Habitat for Humanity, Tomorrow's Teachers, and Empty Bowls. Her hobbies include yoga, listening to Taylor Swift, and thrifting!