Life > Experiences

What your Childhood Emotional Support Stuffed Animal Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

You loved them, you treated them like family, you dragged them around till they fell apart. To our childhood selves, this was peak parenting for our stuffed animals. We all had one specific one, however, that meant the most to us, sometimes referred to as a “lovey.” I believe that the exact type of lovey you had says something about you as a person.

The Teddy Bear: The classic. If you held on tight to any type of teddy bear, Build-a-Bears included, you probably have an appreciation for the simple things. You have soft spots for those closest to you and are very caring.

The Blankie: If you had a baby blanket as your chosen friend when you were younger, you’re definitely a very emotional person, in a good way! You care for others feelings, and always have the perfect things to say to make them feel better. Your compassion makes you a great friend to have around, and you love physical affection.

The Doll: If you carried around a mini-you, you definitely like to be in charge. You like things to be able to go your way, but you’re also level-headed enough to be okay when things don’t. Your friends look to you to lay out the game plan for the night, and come to you when they need some solid advice.

The Household Pet: Dog, cat, bunny, or something else, if you had some sort of pet as your bud you are the life of the party! Your cheery demeanor always lifts up whatever situation you’re in, even a finals study sesh. Your impromptu nights out give a boring hangout a new twist, and your friends love you for it.
The Unicorn: You’re the adventurous one! Whether it was a unicorn or just a plain horse, there was an air of magic to your childhood. You loved to have fun outside, but not get too dirty, in order to keep your unicorn nice and clean.

Kyra is a senior at Lasell University and is an elementary education major. She loves to hike, bake, and work with her students at daycare.