What to Look Forward to in Tonight’s Riverdale Throwback Episode

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Disclaimer: This article contains minor spoilers about the 11/7 episode of Riverdale.

Riverdale is finally doing it! We’re getting our parent throwback episode. If you’re like me, you’ve been itching to find out more about the parents and their history together. In the last episode, we left off with the parents meeting in Mayor Lodge’s office, no doubt about Gryphons & Gargoyles. Are we going to learn more about G&G? What about the parents? Do we get to learn more about them? Since this episode is a parent throwback, what should we expect? Here’s your guide to the throwback episode.

1. The episode is a darker adaptation of the Breakfast Club. It’s not Riverdale without a dark something. There are some Breakfast Club-esque scenes.

2. The teen cast will play their parents.

3. Secrets will be revealed. Maybe about the parents?

4. Mark Consuelos’s son Michael will play the younger Hiram Lodge.

5. Trevor Stines is back as Clifford Blossom.

6. We get to learn about the parents’ relationships.

Clearly, there’s a lot to look forward to in the episode. I’ve been waiting for a while for this episode and the two-week gap has killed me a bit. I’m looking forward to the episode and all that it will reveal.

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.
Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.