Wes Anderson’s “Isle of Dogs” Trailer Released

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Earlier this week, the trailer for Isle of Dogs, Wes Anderson’s first film since The Grand Budapest Hotel in 2014, was released. Isle of Dogs takes place in dystopian Japan 20 years into the future. Dogs have become outlawed due to Dog Flu, where they are rounded up and displaced on the eponymous island. However one brave boy, Atari Kobayashi, goes on a quest to get his dog back, seeking help from a pack of dogs he meets on the island. 

The film stars many of Anderson’s staple actors including Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton and also Japanese actors including Yojiro Noda, Mari Natsuki, and Yoko Ono. This is Anderson’s second animated feature, the first being The Fantastic Mr. Fox, released in 2009. Isle of Dogs is set to be released on March 23, 2018. 

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.