Valentine’s Day Ideas: Going Out & Staying In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Are you ready for this Valentine’s Day? Whether that means going out or staying in, try these ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a great, relaxing one.

Going Out:

1. Massages

The #1 thing for stressed out couples to do, why not get a massage, facial, etc.? This idea will be more fun than the classic dinner and a movie.

2. Exploring the City

Ever wondered what hot spots or cozy coffee shops in your city you’ve never been to or tried? Have an ‘explore the city’ night and take a long walk around your city and find new places, visit old ones, or simply enjoy the scenery in parks, on the street, and all around you.

3. Hotel Getaway

Looking for a weekend event? Book a hotel room in a place you’ve always wanted to visit; and utilize the pool, spa, and restaurant for a weekend of relaxation while still feeling away from home for a break from your daily life.

4. Wine or Beer Tasting

Wine or beer tastings are great, fun activities for those who enjoy trying new kinds of drinks and food. Many breweries and even some farms offer beer and wine tastings that usually offer food too. A perfect combination for those who wish to sit back and have a drink.

5. Indoor Rock Climbing

Indoor rock climbing, or any activity such as laser tag, indoor mini golf, or bowling can turn into a fun competitive night for couples looking for a sporty activity to do on Valentine’s Day.

Staying In:

1. Night of Relaxation

Sometimes staying in is more relaxing than the stress of planning and going out to an expensive, crowded restaurant. At home, having a bottle of wine, bubble bath, and watching a movie with your significant other is a great way to have a relaxing night.

2. Home Cooked Meal with Dessert

Staying home and cooking together or having your boyfriend/girlfriend prepare a home-cooked meal for you is a romantic, delicious way to spend your Valentine’s Day. Making a dessert together such as chocolate covered strawberries or your favorite pastries is a perfect way to end the night.

3. Indoor Scavenger Hunt

Planning a scavenger hunt in your house or apartment is a good way to be creative. Making a list of favorite things to find such as candy, wine, chocolate, gift cards and small gifts is a fun way to plan a romantic night.  

4. Paint Night

Having a paint night is an artsy way to spend your Valentine’s Day. Buying canvases, paint, and brushes from a local art store can set the mood for a crafty night of painting matching pictures together

I am a junior Fashion Merchandising student from Stamford, CT. I have been writing for Her Campus since the beginning of spring semester, and am on the field hockey team, in the mini and Undergrad fashion shows,participate in Relay for Life yearly and Lasell's Senior Citizen's Prom,  and am a peer writing tutor in the AAC. At home I work at an ice rink and am a camp counselor for kids teaching hockey lessons, which is one of my favorite sports. I like working out, writing, listening to music, and going into Boston whenever I can.