This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Coming to Lasell this week is the annual performance of Vagina Monologues. For those of you who haven’t been to a rendition, the Vagina Monologues is a monologue-style performance made up of varying numbers of monologues, from women, concerning vaginas and the different experiences that can be had with them. The different acts touch upon many female experiences including sex, rape, love, menstruation, and birth among other things. 

Originally written and performed by Eve Ensler, the Vagina Monologues is a play that has been recreated internationally. Ensler began her research with friends, incidentally. They spoke about love, sex, and everything related to vaginas. Ensler ended up interviewing over 200 women before her first draft of the play in 1996, but has revised since. Although the Monologue’s first cause was to celebrate vaginas, a few years running changed Ensler to focus on ending violence against women with the cause. 

Come see members of the Lasell community perform The Vagina Monologues Friday, February 27th at 7:00p.m. in the Yamawaki Art Cente

Image: 1

Taylor is a senior at Lasell majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in sociology. She has happily been a member of Her Campus Lasell for the past two years. This will be her second year as Campus Correspondent. She is also involved with Active Minds on campus. Taylor runs a camp during the summer, and in her free time likes to bake cookies, get swoll at the gym, eat fancy food and travel through Europe.