The Upside Down Experience at Glow Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This past Thursday, I got to experience my first Glow Boston college party. Before entering the Middle East, my nerves were all over the place as I had never gotten to experience something like this before. It was a completely different vibe than I was used to. At the front of the club, there was a small stage with a DJ standing on it. There were strobe lights coming from different ends of the floor of the club. There were at least a hundred people, and most of them were dressed in costumes, which I thought was cool to see what everyone dressed as.

My experience was most likely not the same as everyone else who was there. The crowd was dancing nonstop, but my friends and I, although we knew some of the music that the DJ played, found it hard to dance to. I’m not sure what it was that made us feel that way. It was probably the fact that we were so closely packed together in the crowd, constantly getting elbowed or knocked over by other party-goers.  Another issue I found was that we were continuously getting shoved so that other people could move closer to the stage or find their friends among the crowd.

Her Campus Lasell’s senior editor Madison Paloski was also present at the event on Thursday. 

“I would say that it was definitely a surprise when I walked in and saw how small it was,” Paloski said. “It was fun at first, and I knew a lot of the music they were playing, but I wouldn’t recommend or probably go again. It was fun for about an hour at the most.”

Paloski makes a good point about the size of the club. It was very small and almost packed to capacity. People were constantly getting bumped and shoved all over the place, and it was not enjoyable. I felt very restricted movement-wise, and there was not much room on the dance floor.

My friends and I were there for about two hours. We arrived at around 10:45 and left at 12:45. It wasn’t a long time, but we found ourselves bored the last 15 minutes of the event so we left instead. Getting bored during the event was a constant thread for us since the music wasn’t the best. Overall, the event was okay. Possibly, I would go again and I would recommend it to others.  

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.