Upcoming Winter Events in Boston to Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Markets

Snowport

Each winter, the Boston Seaport transforms into Snowport, featuring an adorable winter market dotted with businesses selling their wares, food, drinks, and even curling! Betty the Yeti is Snowport’s local celebrity, hailing from the Himalayas, so be on the lookout! Holiday cocktails are a Snowport specialty, with four bars serving up festive drinks. The Market is open from November 10th through December 31st. 

SoWa Winter Festival

SoWa Open Market graces Boston with its many vendors and goods from spring to fall, but also hosts a winter festival starting November 24th until December 17th. With an admission fee, you can peruse what businesses have to offer and fill up on wintry food and drinks.

Concerts & Performances

Mariah Carey: Merry Christmas One and All

Mariah Carey is coming to Boston to perform her iconic Christmas single, among other tunes of course. Her concert is happening on December 11th at TD Garden.

Holiday Pops

For more classical music tastes, the Boston Pops will also be performing holiday concerts. Performances run starting December 1st until December 24th at Symphony Hall. Events are also taking place at The Umbrella Arts Center and the Lowell Memorial Auditorium.

Boston Ballet: The Nutcracker

Speaking of classical events, the annual Boston Ballet Nutcracker has performances from November 24th through December 31st. Enjoy Tchaikovsky’s famed suite, performed by the Boston Ballet Orchestra, and talented performances by the company’s dancers. 

Outdoor Activities

Boston Common Frog Pond Ice Skating Rink

For those who enjoy being outdoors in the chillier weather and have enough balance to navigate the ice, head to Frog Pond in Boston Common to skate around their outdoor rink. From 6-9 pm, college students can even enjoy half-price admission, and the College Night Schedule details special dates where students from specific schools are admitted for free!

Ice Sculpture Strolls

There are several magnificent ice sculptures to check out this year. Assembly Row will have an Ice Sculpture Stroll on December 8th. On December 17th and 18th, view interactive ice sculptures at the Snowflake Crossing Ice Festival at Downtown Crossing. Boston’s First Night celebration will also feature ice sculptures from noon to just past midnight on December 31st. The Waterfront Ice Sculpture Stroll on December 31st has 32 ice sculptures that can be found throughout the area. 

NYE Parties

Cósmica New Year’s Salsa Burlesque 2023

This Mexican restaurant’s celebration will feature a DJ, delicious food and drinks, and burlesque performances.

Lamplighter Brewing Pyjama Party and Drag Extravaganza
Lamplighter Brewing is hosting not one, but two New Year’s Eve events to suit your preferences. Stay comfy in your PJs, sipping on beer at their slumber party. Or attend their Drag Extravaganza, to watch performances and dance the night away, and enjoy their craft beer, of course.

Inès Dupupet is the Editor-in-Chief at Lasell University's Her Campus chapter, overseeing the team of copy editors and keeping track of articles. As a junior at Lasell, studying fashion and history, she hopes to become an archivist or librarian. She loves to write, experiment with fashion, play cozy videogames, and spend time with her cat.