This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Disney has spent the past few years turning some of their greatest cartoons into live action movies. They have recently made classics such as Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, and Winnie the Pooh into some amazing live action films. They have decided to make even more of their classics into live action movie, coming soon for all to see.

1. Dumbo –  Dumbo is being released March 29, 2019. It will be directed by Tim Burton, and the story will be changed a little. It is about an old circus worker and his children who take care of the elephant. A circus manager friends out his flying powers and tries to take him for the circus.

2. Aladdin – May 24, 2019. Naomi Scott with play Jasmine, Mena Massoud will play Aladdin, and Will Smith will play the Genie. There is also talk about a prequel to the beloved tale about the Genie.

3. A Prince Movie –  There will also be a movie from the perspectives of either Snow White or Cinderella’s prince about their love story.

4. Rose Red – There will be a movie about Snow White’s sister, who desperately tries to save the princess from her poison apple incident.

5. Little Mermaid – There will be a live action movie based on the cartoon starring Chloe Grace Mortez.

6. Lady and the Tramp – The live action movie will be released at some point in 2019.

7. Lilo and Stitch – This movie will be released in 2019, but we are not sure if it will be for just streaming services or if it will be in the theater.

8. Mary Poppins Returns – This movie will be released on December 25, 2018, and will follow Mary Poppins returning to nanny the kids of the original children.

9. Chip and Dale – Everyone’s favorite chipmunks will have their own movie based on their old series.

10. Tink – Reese Witherspoon will play Tinkerbell in a live action movie about the beloved fairy.

These are just some of the new Disney movies coming out soon, make sure to check them out!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)
Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.