The Top Ten Best Chick Flicks (In No Particular Order) for You and Your Gal Pals this V-Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In the mood for a great chick flick to watch on your own or with your friends? Here is HC Lasell’s breakdown of the best chick flicks in no particular order.

1. How to Lose A Guy in Ten Days

A personal favorite movie overall with the iconic duo Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey. This movie will for sure make you laugh and make you want to fall in love.

2. Clueless

An iconic 90’s fashion movie that would for sure give you a laugh with your BFFs. If you have never seen this movie, you must asap it is a classic! As If!

3. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

A classic Netflix original that brought everyone’s attention to Noah Centineo. They are coming out with a sequel this Valentine’s Day, so it is a great time to rewatch the first one!

4. Riptide

This one feels like an underrated one, I do not hear many people talk about this one, but it stars the ex-Disney star Debby Ryan. In this movie, she takes a leap of faith and quits modeling, what she has always done and what her mom has always wanted her to do, and flies to Australia to live with her Aunt. It is an inspiring leap of faith, and of course, there is a love interest! Definitely one to watch on Netflix this weekend!

5. Kissing Booth

Another Netflix original starring Joey King, Jacob Elordi, Joel Courtney. A dramatic high school love story that will definitely put you in your feels. I feel like everyone has seen this movie and are anticipating a sequel soon! Do you think Noah and Elle will still be together?

6. Breakfast at Tiffanys

My all-time favorite movie, but no bias here haha. Not only does it have iconic fashion statements, but a love story with life lessons. It is for sure going to put you in a feel-good mood. Honestly, any Audrey Hepburn movie is going to put you in a great mood.

7. Confessions of a Shopaholic

Another 2000’s classic starring Isla Fisher who plays Rebecca Bloomwood the shopaholic who just wants to get her foot in the door at a fashion magazine, but ends up writing for a financial advice column of all things. She is falling in love while trying to run from her debt collector, and it is sure to give you a laugh.

8. The Devil Wears Prada

Another fashion movie, we might be seeing a theme here haha, but for real another all-time favorite movie! Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep star in this classic early 2000’s movie. Hathaway plays Andy, a recent college grad trying to make her way up in the magazine world and ends up being Streep’s assistant. Definitely a cute and funny movie, but teaches a valuable life lesson at the end where Andy learns what is actually important to her.

9. Legally Blond

Reese Witherspoon plays the famous Elle Woods, an inspiring lawyer, in this 2001 romcom.  The early 2000s had the best chick flicks, just saying. Elle is a fashion merchandising student and the President of her sorority, who decides her next move is to go to law school and follow her dreams or is it someone else’s dream? Again, a must-see if you have not already.

10. 50 First Dates

Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler star in this 2004 romcom where Sandler’s character Henry has to convince Barrymore’s character Lucy to fall in love with him every day because she has short term memory loss after a tragic accident.

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.