This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This fall’s biggest fashion trends were made to boost the world’s mood after almost two years in a rather gloomy, pandemic world. Bright colors, bold patterns, and out-of-the-box designs are in full swing this season. Here are the top 3 Fall 2021 fashion trends and how you can incorporate them into your wardrobe:

1. Bright, bold colors

Although neutrals have dominated fashion over the past few years, bold colors are in for this fall season! These bright colors are all about bringing back positivity, especially when the world is looking a little bleak. Saturation and color blocking are very popular right now, so don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone! Wearing a look with pops of color in your day-to-day life will only make you feel more confident.

2. Large tote bags

Small purses that don’t hold anything are out, large tote bags are in! Practicality and functionality are key this season, so the bigger the better for your bag. This trend was recently popularized at Paris Couture Fashion Week through Bottega Veneta, Loewe, and Maison Margiela, and it’s expected that it will continue throughout the fall. Get a tote bag you love and bring it everywhere- the office, the grocery store, you’ll be trendy in no time!

3. Matching sets

Matching sets have been popular for a while now, but this trend is continuing this fall. They’re great for still looking fashionable even on a more “lazy day,” because the outfit is already set up for you! Super easy, and super trendy, you can’t get much better! If you want to spice it up a bit for fall, add a third layer to your matching set. Three-piece sets are rising in popularity, so adding that little something extra like a scarf or jacket is great for fall!

Alexis Grant

Lasell '23

A Junior at Lasell University, Alexis majors in Journalism and Media Writing with a minor in Fashion Media and Marketing. Alexis is interested in dance, photography, social media, travel, and music. In her free time, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite tv shows on Netflix and spending time with her friends and family!