This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Does anyone remember the Nintendo DS? A handheld console that you could bring anywhere with you, where you could grab a game cartilage, pop it in the DS and play your little heart out? A console that one would get so addicted to that they would play it all day and night, even after bedtime and would hide it under their pillow and pretend to go to bed so they don’t get caught by their mom? If you don’t know what a Nintendo DS is or don’t fully remember, let me give you a very quick explanation on what it is. A Nintendo DS is a console that was released in 2004 and it had the ability to fold if you wanted to close it, had a double screen, but with only the bottom one being a touchscreen, a microphone and the ability to connect with other people’s DS by using wifi. Though, people aren’t very much able to use wifi on their DS due to it not having the ability to connect to modern wifi. I remember my DS from when I was a kid; it was a hot pink one. I played a Hello Kitty game on it all the time called Hello Kitty: Big City Dreams, but my DS stopped working and I’ve been yearning for another one ever since. So, I bought one off of eBay! A light blue one with a tiny few scratches and a little bit of dirt, but I cleaned it up, decorated it and it works perfectly fine. And of course, I can’t play with my new DS without games, so I went back to eBay and bought about 27 to 28 games and played them as much as I could. Down below, I will be ranking my top 10 Nintendo DS games, and remember, this is a list of games that I own, not Nintendo DS games in general. Let’s get started, shall we?

#10: Dragon’s Lair: As much as I love the art style of this game, it’s impossible for me to play. The game won’t even give me three seconds before throwing something at me, and with me only having a millisecond to react to whatever the game throws at me, I keep messing up and losing the game. I won’t stop trying though.

#9: Hello Kitty & Friends: I didn’t play as much but so far, the voice that’s in the game is uncomfortably loud and hurts my ears unless I literally mute the game, the colors are extremely saturated so my eyes hurt by looking at it and there’s not much to play except for decorating Hello Kitty’s bedroom, which has little options, or dressing up Hello Kitty with, again, very little options. Not the best choice of games for me with this one.

#8: Imagine: My Secret World: It’s just a diary. Literally, it’s just a game where you treat it like a diary. I don’t have much to put in this diary, but it’s pretty entertaining that I can decorate it and make a digital me.

#7: Littlest Pet Shop 3: Purple Team: I’m more of a My Little Pony fan, but this game so far offers cuteness. I was able to play a quick dancing mini game, but it became pretty boring quickly. I only put this at number 7 because I just started playing it, so I don’t have much to say about it right now. But I might update in the future…

#6: Hello Kitty: Big City Dreams: This game is very cute, especially since it’s Hello Kitty herself, but it is repetitive. There’s not much to do except talk to friends and play mini games, which there aren’t that many of in the first place. All I’m doing in the game is playing mini games to collect points to unlock certain things that aren’t that exciting to unlock.

#5: Bejeweled 3: The game itself is very nostalgic, but it is also very repetitive. There doesn’t seem to be an end to the game, so it’s continuous. But it does help pass the time pretty well.

#4: Diner Dash Sizzle: This game is very fun to play, but it can get very overwhelming very quickly. It’s a pretty fast paced game, and it was a lot of fun for me, but it also caused a lot of frustration for me as well.

#3: Sonic Classic Collection: It’s Sonic, obviously it should be at least in the top 3. This game brings back so many memories and always has something fun to give to the player. It never gets old and will always be able to entertain me no matter how many times I’ve played it before.

#2: Imagine: Salon Stylist: All I really do is just be a hairstylist in the game, which is actually quite relaxing. The gameplay itself isn’t hard; the game literally tells you what to do so the customer will be happy. Plus, the soundtrack is so soothing to listen to; I feel like I’m in an elevator.

#1: Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends: I’m a sucker for animal games, and for puppies as well. I can’t stop playing, not only because of how cute the game is overall, but also because of the fear of my dog becoming neglected or even dying because I left it alone for a few hours by being in class. Nintendogs for the win. Always.

Astara is a sophomore at Lasell University studying Fashion Media and Marketing. She loves to collect items of her favorite Sanrio character named Cinnamoroll. Her hobbies are creating new outfits, collecting trinkets and figures and playing video games on her Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Dsi. You can find her either in her room decorating her space or on the third floor of her building with her best friend watching The Nanny while doing work.