This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Mid-terms are fast approaching or already here, like finals they can be stressful. However, it is important to push through and recognize the semester is half-way done! Here are our top de-stressing tips to manage finals.

1. Take a Bath: Half-way through the week make time to take a bath with candles, a bath bomb, bubble bath soap, and a face mask. It can be fun to read a book for fun too during this time or watch a classic TV show. It can be a great time to paint nails too. Dim the lights and de-stress.

2. Go for a Walk: A great mid-day break is going for a neighborhood walk as the weather gets warmer. Fresh air, sunshine, and birds chirping are great for the soul!

3. Journaling: Writing down thoughts and word dumping can help organize and get everything off your mind. This can help you realize you can handle everything!

4. Practice Yoga: It could be ten or thirty minutes! Taking time to stretch and relax can be great for physical and mental health!

5. Learn to Say No: Do not stack too much on your plate. School is most important and good grades are important. Family, friends, jobs, and doing extracurriculars are too. It is important to manage time well and left time for yourself. Do not overcommit. 

6. Meditate or Pray: Spiritual health is also important and leaving time in the day to focus on it is important. 

7. Reduce Screen Time: Shut off notifications for an hour or so. Do not respond to emails, texts, or other notifications and focus on yourself.

8. Visualize Goals and Dreams: Remind yourself why you are in college and what your goals are. This will encourage you to keep pushing through these challenging times. 

9. Take a Drive: It does not matter for how long, but listening to songs and rolling down the windows can be therapeutic. Even better is if it is around sunset. 

10.  Practice Positive Self-Talk: Daily affirmations or giving yourself a pep-talk in the mirror can be beneficial.

Hope these tips help you push through mid-terms! Remember grades do not define you, one bad grade is not the end of the world, what is important is you are trying your best!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.