This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Being someone with long and curly hair, I understand the struggle of having frizzy hair when you just want your hair to look nice. These are my favorite hair products and tricks.

My first go-to is Garnier Sleek and Shine Leave-in Conditioner. It not only helps with frizz throughout the day, but also makes my hair less knotty when I comb it out. It is also better to use a wide-tooth comb on your hair instead of brushing your hair when it is wet. This prevents frizz and split-ends. It also makes your hair smell nice! This product is good for straight or curly hair.

Garnier’s Curl Constructor Hair Mousse is a great product to enhance curls and prevent frizz. It has shea butter that helps hold the curls. It is best to apply to hair when your hair is damp. Either let your hair air dry or blow dry your hair with a diffuser to prevent frizz and breakage.

Another trick I like to use is if you shower at night and do not want your hair to be a frizzy mess when you wake up, braid your hair. You can do one braid, or for tighter curls do multiple braids. I usually like to do two. When my hair is still damp, I like to spray it with the Not Your Mother’s Texturizing Sea Salt Spray to enhance the beachy waves. The braids, this product, and others that I have mentioned help keep more tamed beachy waves throughout the day.

My all time favorite hair spray that I personally thinks works the best is the Suave Max Hold hairspray. If I do an updo it keeps all the fly aways in place and doesn’t make my hair hard. I have tried many hairsprays and this one definitely helps the most with frizz. I have recently found that hair masks help as well. Tresemme and Garnier have some really great hair masks that help frizz and breakage! They make your hair smell really nice as well! The Garnier one so far has been my personal favorite. You can use it as a hair mask, a regular conditioner, or a leave-in conditioner.

My last tip is to limit the use of heat on your hair. I know it is hard to stop all together, but limiting the use of heat is so healthy for your hair. I have stopped blow drying my hair and it has grown faster and have had less breakage. Because of the less breakage, I have less frizz. My hair was always frizzy when I blow dried my hair, unless I used a diffuser. I still once in awhile straighten my hair and when I do I make sure to use a heat protector spray. Again, Garnier and Tresemme have great ones! They help with frizz and breakage as well.

I hope these tips were helpful!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.