Target Logojpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Target Logojpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tips and Tricks: Saving Money with Target’s App

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Target: it’s everyone’s favorite store because they simply have everything… and at great prices too. However, let’s be real with ourselves! We all know that we always end up spending way too much money at Target. As a college student, Target is a great place to shop, but saving money is always on my mind. I’ve been using the Target Circle feature on Target’s app for a little over a year now, and it truly is life-changing! Saving money at Target has never been easier, so keep reading to find out how to get in on the savings. 

1. Download the Target app. 

Whether you use the App Store or the Google Play store, the Target app is free to download on any of your devices. 

2. Create a Target account. 

Now that the Target app is downloaded and fully installed on your phone, it’s time to create a free Target account. Simply enter your email address, first name, last name, mobile phone number, and create a password when prompted to. 

3. Get familiar with the Target Circle benefits. 

With your free Target account, you now have access to a ton of great benefits. You get access to hundreds of deals and coupons daily, including personalized options just for you! Additionally, you earn 1% back in rewards on every Target purchase and 5% off your entire purchase birthday coupon. 

4. Use your benefits! 

Before your next Target trip, take out your phone and scroll through the deals section of the Target app. Anything you need or think you may end up purchasing should be clipped and added to your virtual wallet. This ensures that you’re getting the best deals possible! 

While you’re shopping, make sure to use the barcode scanner feature on the Target app to see if the items you’re buying have any additional offers or coupons available. Scanning everything as you add it to your cart ensures that you don’t miss out on deals for any of the items you’re purchasing!

5. Remember your phone number at checkout.

At checkout, simply enter your phone number on the keypad or when prompted by the cashier, and boom, savings applied! 

Let me know in the comments below if you have any of your own tips and tricks to using the Target Circle savings program!

Attends Lasell University and is currently a senior (class of 2023). An elementary education major with a minor in child and adolescent studies. A proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, I love the color yellow, crocs, and all kinds of tea!