This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Like most college students and young adults, my screen time is as high as it is almost solely due to TikTok. Whether it’s a mindless scroll or being mesmerized by the endless options of shopping that are now available. Regardless as a society we get attached to the trends and allow them to live rent-free in our minds.

1. To start it all out, “Now That We Don’t Talk…” is easily my favorite trend at the moment. I love that people are using this song to talk about things they don’t have to pretend to like or do anymore. It’s become a coping technique for so many people and I am all for it!
  2. Secondly, the “Get Hype” using the audio JRitt – Benjamins Deli: which is essentially having the lights on and not being super excited, then the next clip the lights are off with your friends using their phone flashlight on you where you then pull out your best moves. I just think this trend is super fun and not super serious which makes it so much better.
  3. The “Rocky vs Bullet” trend is simply girls lipsyncing to movie lyrics to see what type of girl they are. The energy of this trend alone can have me scrolling through the audio for hours.
  4. “It was ruined when she bought it” is the funniest trend in my opinion on TikTok in the last few months. I think this is the perfect way to call out the negative things in one’s life without feeling at fault. Brings humor into the bad things.
  5. Not so much “trends” but the song Revival by Zach Bryan Live that everyone on my “For you page” keeps posting has made me want to spend all of the money in my bank to get tickets to see him live. Alongside the trend of posting Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift, and their love life. It definitely got me obsessed with that unusual pair.

These trends are the trends that have kept me on TikTok for several hours every day. I have loved these trends and they have brought me so much joy these last few months.

Carley Ellis

Lasell '26

Carley is a member and events director of HerCampus, she is a forensic science major in her sophomore year at Lasell University. She is also a member of other clubs on campus such as the Forensic Science Association. In her spare time she likes to read, play video games, and pick up new hobbies such as doing her own nails.