Throwback to High School Musical our Favorite Childhood Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

We all have our favorite childhood movies, right? Especially about Disney as it’s what we grew up with and their original movies they would release and have on Tv or in theatres. One particular series I had and admittedly always will have an obsession with is High School Musical. For those of you that haven’t seen it or have no clue what it even is, man you’re missing out. It was a group of high-schoolers as they ventured throughout their school years and figured out who they are and breaking out of the typical stigma or sticking to the “status quo”. As well as there is a lot of singing and musical numbers of course.

As a kid, I was for sure the one who had all the DVDs of the movies and had merch from it even. Even now when my mom got our Disney plus subscription, she made my profile picture as Troy because she knew it was my favorite Disney movie. I was obsessed with Troy Bolton (Zac Efron) and the power couple he was with Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens). It definitely gave a nonrealistic experience of high school, but it’s forgiven. As students don’t just randomly break out in song and dance.

My favorite one is the last one as it’s their senior year and they’re figuring out what their next step is. Even now, I love hearing the “Breaking Free” remix when I’m out with friends at a club. It brings back my inner child and to a more simplistic time. I totally still watch them here and there for a good throwback Disney movie. I’ve also seen the new tv show of the series with different actors and it’s just not the same. The younger generation missed out on the real deal era of the High School Musical.

Kaylee Bickford is a Junior at Lasell University studying psychology. She is also a member of Class Committee as the Junior Class Treasurer and CAB. A few fun facts about her are; she absolutely loves sloths, obsessed with her birthday, and Christmas is her favorite holiday. Her instagram can be found at @kaylee_bickford.