These Romance Books are the Perfect Valentine’s Day Reads

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I’ve established now over a long span of articles that I love to read. It’s no secret that I always have a book or two on hand at any given moment, and recently, I’ve been exploring the romance genre more and more; branching out from my usual fantasy novels. That being said, I’ve compiled a list of romance books I recommend just in time for Valentine’s Day. Even if I don’t have a Valentine this year, I can always dive into the worlds of these wonderful romance novels.

Two Wrongs Make a Right by Chloe Liese

Chloe Liese’s works are a recent discovery for me, and let’s just say, I’m obsessed. Two Wrongs Make a Right is a fake dating and revenge plot combined with a retelling of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing. Jamie and Bea are each reluctant to start dating again after experiencing difficult breakups. After a disastrous first meeting at a party, their friends play matchmaker and set them up on a blind date. Jamie and Bea decide to play along and pretend to date and get their friends off their backs. Everything about this book was perfection – from the neurodivergence representation to the romance itself. I cannot wait to check out more of Chloe Liese’s work in the future!

Written in the Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur

Okay, I’m realizing I might have a soft spot for the fake dating and retelling tropes. Written in the Stars is a sapphic fake dating romance doubling as a Pride and Prejudice retelling. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite classics, and this did not disappoint. Elle is a vibrant, outgoing astrologist with a social media following and Darcy is a reserved, uptight actuary who doesn’t believe in astrology. Their dynamic screams Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy! Like Two Wrongs Make a Right, their first meeting goes epically wrong and they agree to fake-date to please their families. This book was so funny and filled with swoon-worthy moments!

Alone With You in the Ether by Olivie Blake

Alone With You in the Ether was the first Olivie Blake I picked up outside of the Atlas Six series. I love Blake’s writing, and this book follows a prose style that flows so beautifully. Regan and Aldo meet by accident at the Chicago Art Institute. They agree to a series of six conversations, and as expected, they start to fall for each other throughout these conversations. I appreciated the mental health representation and discussions in this book, and I loved the book as a whole.

Payback’s a Witch by Lana Harper

I’m a sucker for anything containing witches and revenge, which is why I enjoyed Payback’s a Witch. Emmy Harlow, Talia Avramov, and Linden Thorn each had their hearts broken by the same guy – Gareth Blackmoore. The three witches agree to get revenge on Gareth, but Emmy and Talia end up falling for each other instead. The plot has the elements of a campy early 2000s rom-com with all the charm and magic of a cozy small town filled with witches. It was such a fun read, and I definitely need to check out more of Lana Harper’s work!

Olivia Post

Lasell '26

Olivia Post is the President of the Her Campus at Lasell chapter. She oversees all matters relating to the chapter, from editorial content to on-campus events. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a student ambassador for the Blue Key Society at Lasell. She is currently a sophomore at Lasell University, studying Secondary Education and English with a minor in Spanish. In her free time, Olivia enjoys reading, playing video games, and spending time with her roommates. She can also be found working on her latest crochet project, or watching RuPaul's Drag Race.