Life > Experiences

These Are the Discontinued Food Items I’ll Miss

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Ever wish you could bring back your favorite discounted food? In this article, I will be talking about different foods, snacks, drinks, and candy that I miss and wish could come back. Some foods have made a comeback within the last two years but only stayed for a limited time. 

1. Snack Wraps McDonald’s

When the snack wrap was added to the menu, I stopped getting Happy Meals and got this instead. It is a tortilla with lettuce, cheese, and chicken. The crispy chicken ranch version was my favorite but, there were other flavors like a sweet chili and crispy bacon. It also came in grilled chicken if crispy chicken wasn’t your thing. I wish this simple yet delicious menu item could come back. I believe some other countries still have snack wraps but I hope it makes a comeback in my area.

1. French Toast Crunch

Hot take but I believe this was better than the original Cinnamon Toast Crunch. This was a cereal that was shaped and tasted like mini French toast, which led to it being thicker than Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I am part of a small group of people who like this cereal. Some are still made in Canada. Guess I have to go there for a visit.

1. Trix Yogurt

Now I know that they make yogurt but I miss the two different bright flavors and colors. This was a kid’s fruit yogurt with two flavors in one packet. It was not only delicious but I was also very entertained with the two colors because I could choose to mix it up and create a new color or I would eat one color instead of the other.

1. Crystal Pepsi 

This was discounted in the 90s but made a small comeback in the late 2010s and I liked it. This drink is a Pepsi soda without the colored syrup. I can’t remember too much about the taste since it was a while ago and that is the reason why I want it to make comebacks annually.

1. Cereal Straws (fruitloops and coco crispies)

Now this was my childhood. Not only did it make me want to finish all of my cereal and milk, it was fun to eat a straw, especially since I chew on my straw sometimes. This is a straw-shaped cereal and came in chocolate and fruit flavors. This was such a cool and innovative food and wasn’t only used for cereal! I used it for drinking regular milk and it made it taste like the straw flavor you chose. I heard they made a comeback in 2021 but I need help finding any in my area. Maybe it was limited time.

1. Choco Taco

My friends told me I should try this because I love chocolate but then to me and my friend’s surprise we found out that they were going to discount it within the same year of me wanting to try it. We could not find it anywhere. It is vanilla ice cream and chocolate covered in a waffle cone-shaped taco. My friends were very upset because they loved it. I hope it can make a comeback for my friends to be happy again and I can hopefully try it.

Yani Galarza is a member of Her Campus at Lasell chapter. Yani is currently a sophomore at Lasell University, studying psychology. Her hobbies include dancing, binge-watching K-dramas, and indulging in sports in her free time. You can find her either in her room trading K-pop photocards or on the third floor of her building with her best friend watching The Nanny while doing work.