The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Whether you started watching the show for the dancing or the drama, you have to admit that there are lots of funny moments to come out of the Lifetime show Dance Moms. With all the material the show gives me, this article could easily be five pages long, but I managed to narrow it down to my top ten favorites. In very particular order, here they are, ending with the funniest:

10. Mackenzie’s Love of Chips

In a one-on-one talk with Mackenzie, close to when we first meet her, she reveals that while she loves to dance, she doesn’t want to go onto Broadway. Instead, she says “I just wanna stay home and eat chips.” Me too Mackenzie, me too.

9. “Empty chair, do a solo!”

After Abby picks Nia for a solo, Holly seems unimpressed, as Nia is the only one there to receive one. After Jill tells Holly that she should be happy that Nia received the solo, Holly asks who else would get it in this situation, an empty chair?

8. Vivi’s Career-Ending Injury

After getting a small cut on her mom Cathy’s ring, she shares with us, “I cut my finger on my mom’s ring. I hope I can still dance.” Stay strong Vivi, and feel better soon.

7. Cathy’s Solo Performance

The fact that the dance moms had to all do a dance together for the ALDC showcase is funny enough, but Cathy adding her own spectacular ending to the choreography, not telling anyone else, and performing it all by herself absolutely is the icing on the cake.

6. Abby Wheeling Out of the Auditorium

This scene is from a later season, but is still just as funny as the iconic moments from the earlier seasons. One of the moms calls out Abby for being on her phone during a performance which is hypocritical to her teaching of “theater etiquette”. Abby immediately reverses out of the auditorium on her wheelchair, and heads right to the police department to file a report on verbal abuse. Makes sense.

5. Abby Yelling at the Bus Driver

This, unfortunately for the ALDC bus driver, is not just a singular scene. Abby frequently tries to yell at the bus driver on the way to competitions to take different routes or to drive in a different way because “Bus driver, we’re doing eye makeup back here!

4. “Get your finger out of my face!

While not at the very top of my list, this is the most memorable scene from the show in my opinion. Kelly and Abby get into a fight after Abby said that Brooke looked miserable, and as Kelly is poking her finger at Abby’s face, Abby tries to bite her finger, which leads to Kelly slapping her and pulling her hair. Sad to see you go Hyland family, but what an exit!

3. Don’t Slam My Door

When Brooke is late to practice, Kelly and Abby get into a fight (shocker). Kelly angrily slams a door and Abby tells her not to, which prompts Kelly to say “I’ll slam whatever I want”.

2. Kelly’s Knowledge About Anne Frank

After Abby choreographs a dance reflecting on the life of Anne Frank for Brooke’s solo, Kelly graces us with her amazing opinion on the dance, “I don’t really know much about Anne Frank, but what I do know is that I don’t think she was doing cartwheels.” 

1. My little Kendall…

Yes, everytime Jill led a sentence with “my little Kendall,” it was arguably funny. However, the best moment in Dance Moms is when Jill tried to claim that her little Kendall would be absolutely perfect to take the lead in the group dance and play Rosa Parks. Kendall, as you might have guessed, is very white.

Kyra is a senior at Lasell University and is an elementary education major. She loves to hike, bake, and work with her students at daycare.