The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Fall reads, to me, are any book you can curl up with on a crisp day with a warm drink in hand and enjoy. A book that gives a cozy or spooky vibe that you can get lost in for hours. Whether you’re sitting outside under the now-changing leaves, or inside under a warm blanket in a cozy room, the book fits the vibe. Fall books can be some of the highlights of the season, especially when they just feel like fall. While reading these, you should be able to picture yourself in a lovely room that has the faint smell of pumpkin spice with the wind blowing in the background. Here are some books I would recommend to read this fall:

Truly DeviousTrilogy by Maureen Johnson

The Truly Devious books are a fictional mystery that follows Stevie Bell during the present time while she tries to solve a cold case from 1936. The unsolved kidnapping and murder that took place at Ellingham Academy in the year 1936, this case is something that has caught Stevie’s attention for a long time; This is why Stevie came to Ellingham, in an attempt to solve the case. After her arrival, more students were found dead… Now Stevie Bell is trying to solve them all.

One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus

One of Us is Lying is often described as if you mixed Pretty Little Liars with The Breakfast Club. The book follows five teens who all get stuck in Monday detention at Bayview High. The issue that arises is that only four of them leave that room alive. Investigators say Simon’s death wasn’t an accident and it is presumed Simon was murdered because he had a hit website where he exposed everyone’s secrets… But did one of Bayview’s Four do it?

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 

“The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there.” Le Cirque de Rêves is only open at night, full of never expected and breathtaking experiences. Celia and Marco are the main focus of the story as they have both been set up to be trained to go against each other unknowingly, and the story dives deep into romance, sadness, and nail-biting tension. 

The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda 

The Safest Lies is a book that has you biting your nails anticipating what happens next. The main character, Kelsey, has lived most of her life in fear seeing danger in every place; All since her mother hasn’t stepped foot outside since she escaped from her kidnappers… with one of the kidnappers’ babies in her stomach — Kelsey. After Kelsey slips up while staying low, she comes home and her mother is missing. Now having to face some of her biggest fears… Will she find her mom?

Radio Silence by Alice Oseman

Frances has always had the goal of attending an elite university, and nothing could change that… not even the person she is on the inside. However, when she meets the person behind her favorite podcast, she finds new freedom. Yet, when the podcast goes viral and trust was broken, Frances had to confront her past… Why did Cary disappear?

Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl

Out of five, only one will survive the Neverworld Wake, but the five must choose who it is. On the way up to their friend’s weekend reunion, they avoid a collision with another car, or so they thought. They get to the mansion where a man knocks on their door and explains they must make a choice – one will live, and the rest die, but they must have a unanimous decision on who gets to stay alive. They must relive the day countless times until they vote… Which is the only way to escape. How do you choose who to kill, and then how do you live with your choice?

Carley Ellis

Lasell '26

Carley is a member and events director of HerCampus, she is a forensic science major in her sophomore year at Lasell University. She is also a member of other clubs on campus such as the Forensic Science Association. In her spare time she likes to read, play video games, and pick up new hobbies such as doing her own nails.