Life > Experiences

The Best At Home Iced Coffee; Perfect Every Time

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I am a coffee girl through and through. I am unsure if that is thanks to my mom, Lorelai Gilmore, my workload, or maybe it’s a combination of all three. Needless to say, I have tried a lot of coffee, hot and iced. While in college at least, I’ve found that iced works better for me. I fear I may be a bit of a hot coffee snob, and stealing the Nespresso from home was sadly not an option. So, I’ve learned to perfect my iced coffee skills. It’s so good, I make it even when I am home with a real kitchen. Not only is it easy, cheap, and delicious, it also will take you under 5 minutes to make.

What You Need: 

Recipe: 

Start off by boiling some water, I use an electric tea kettle which is why I can do this in under 5 minutes. While that is boiling I add about 2 tablespoons of instant coffee into my cup (I think it is slightly over, I use a Miso spoon to measure because it is what I have). Then, I add a tablespoon of sugar and a splash of the syrup. Once the water is boiled I add just enough water to cover the grounds and stir it together; I personally use a milk frother cause I find it leaves me with no grounds, but a spoon would do just fine. Next, I add 2-3 ice cubes, and then add my milk, leaving enough room for some sweet cream. If I am feeling fancy I’ll top it with some whipped cream. This recipe is so simple, but so tasty every time. 

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!