Life > Experiences

Thankful for Our Fellow Her Campus Chapters: Charlotte from HC Holy Cross

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week HC Lasell decided to collaborate with other HC chapters! I got the opportunity to meet HerCampus Holy Cross member Charlotte Keane! My favorite idea about meeting new people is their character! Charlotte was a lovely person to talk to. For some background about Charlotte, Charlotte is a junior at Holy Cross. She is currently studying environmental science and is a writer and senior editor for her Her Campus club. She is also from Darien, Connecticut! Here are some more charming facts about Charlotte!

What made you choose Holy Cross? Was there a specific reason or story that was your main decision? 

I applied to an arrangement of schools in high school, but I fell in love with not only the campus, but the community! As a relatively smaller school I was attracted to the ability to meet new people all the time, but also pass a bunch of familiar faces on campus everyday. The alumni and family network is insane here. Both my mom and sister went to Providence, so I felt some pressure attending there as well, but I was more eager to start my own trail and potential family history at Holy Cross instead! 

After 5 years, what countries or places do you hope to have already visited? 

I just submitted my application to study abroad in Australia, which has been on my list for years, so that is the biggest goal for me right now! One day I’d love to visit Thailand, Brazil, and Morocco! I love being outdoors and my family did not travel to many tropical locations growing up, so my interest in locations such as those is very strong! 

If you had a boat, what would you name it? 

I would probably name it “Lena” after my great grandmother. 

What do you love about HerCampus Holy Cross? 

Because the chapter was dormant for a couple of years, the club is a very small group of girls that I had never met before, which has been such a fun experience. The club also has room to be restructured, so I love being on the E-Board and being able to voice my own opinions and visions, and the rest of the E-Board are awesome girls! 

Does your name have a meaning or back story?

To my knowledge, no. I know it is French but I am pretty sure I do not have any French descent. My middle name, however, is May, after my great grandmother’s maiden name! 

What is your favorite part of being in college? What is your least favorite part?

I love the ability to restructure my own schedule and grow as an individual, independent of my family and friends. However, I do miss my family immensely. Being online for the fall semester last year made my transition into college a little strange, and grew me a lot closer to my family right before moving away from them for a long period of time. 

Any fun facts about yourself, feel free to share! 😊 

A fun fact about me is that I was born without a sense of smell! I actually did not actually find out it was biologically true until around 13 when I finally told my parents it wasn’t a joke/exaggeration and I quite literally could not smell anything anytime they brought up scent. I had to do a bunch of scratch and sniff tests and got an MRI before they concluded I was born without smell!

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Senior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. She is sneaker- obsessed and loves the world of fashion. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.