Ten Healthy Snacks For Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As college students, we’re all used to living with late nights and long study sessions. Sometimes, it’s almost too hard to resist turning to unhealthy snacking habits, especially when that’s all you have on hand. The solution to staying healthy without limiting snacking? This list! Here are the best healthy snacks that you can keep right in your dorm room:

1. These Dang Coconut Chips will help with any crunchy cravings you have. They’re completely organic, and only made with coconut and sea salt! The toasted coconut shavings taste great by themselves, or with some yogurt to add a satisfying crunch. 

1. Don’t like coconut? No problem! Popchips Yes Pea’s Himalayan Salt Vegetable Chips are also a crunchy, delicious alternative to your favorite potato chips. Made with just peas, sunflower oil, and salt, they’re the perfect late-night healthy snack. 

1. If you’re looking for more of a sweet-tasting chip, the Bare Baked Crunchy Strawberry Banana Chips are for you! The company bakes real bananas and lightly dusts them with strawberry powder, creating a sweet, crunchy snack to satisfy your cravings. 

1. In place of a fruit roll-up or fruit gummies, try Nature’s Promise Organic Blueberry Pomegranate Fruit Twists. This snack is flavored naturally by fruit puree, and one serving is the equivalent of ¼ cup of fruit. It’s deliciously sweet, and is a great alternative to unhealthy fruit snacks!

1. The Vermont Original Beef & Pork Stick Minis are a great healthy snack too! Made with fresh cracked pepper, garlic, and mustard seed, these mini meat sticks are a cult favorite. These are so easy to throw in your snack drawer and pull out when you need a pick-me-up. 

1. The perfect mix of sweet and salty, the Signature Farms Mountain Trail Mix is a mouthwatering dorm room snack! The best part is, the 24-ounce bag will last all year, or all semester depending on if you share it with friends.

1. Microwave popcorn is also an easy snack, and Nature’s Promise carries a great organic one. You can make it even tastier if you add a popcorn seasoning! Kernel Season’s has lots of amazing, flavorful options. 

1. Larabars are a great alternative for granola bars. Made with a mix of fruits, nuts, and spices, these bars are made with just 9 ingredients or less, depending on which flavor you get. Completely gluten-free, unsweetened, and minimally processed, these are about as healthy and easy as you can get!

1. Plain almonds or pistachios are also a great choice. They’re full of protein and are a good quick snack for in between classes or study sessions. Blue Diamond Almonds has several fun flavors to try, such as toasted coconut or honey roasted. Wonderful Pistachios also has some interesting variations, such as chili roasted or salt and pepper!

1. Seapoint Farms has some amazing edamame to snack on. Dried and roasted with sea salt, this snack not only tastes good but is also good for you! Edamame is known to be high in soy protein and healthy fiber, with antioxidants and vitamin K. 

Let us know in the comments below what your favorite healthy dorm room snack is! Have you tried any of the snacks on this list?

Alexis Grant

Lasell '23

A Junior at Lasell University, Alexis majors in Journalism and Media Writing with a minor in Fashion Media and Marketing. Alexis is interested in dance, photography, social media, travel, and music. In her free time, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite tv shows on Netflix and spending time with her friends and family!