Teen Vogue Welcomes Young Hollywood Class of 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Within the past year, we’ve seen a huge shift of young people taking some power and finding their own voice. Teen Vogue has been a front runner in this shift, becoming a huge platform where young adults are able to both speak up and get educated on relevant social issues. So, it comes as no surprise that they are celebrating with their first digital covers, featuring eight innovative young stars. Teen Vogue is calling this crew the Young Hollywood Class of 2018. Each star will get their own cover, in addition to a group cover.

The Young Hollywood Class of 2018 includes:

• Sasha Lane: An openly bisexual actress, known for her role as Star in the film American Honey.

• Letitia Wright: An actress who recently starred as Shuri in Black Panther, who took a break from acting until 2015 to focus on her mental health.

• Ellie Bamber: A 20-year-old actress and musician who began acting in plays at 12 and eventually made her TV debut in 2012.

• Margaret Qualley: The daughter of actress Andie MacDowell, this debutante and dancer’s first major acting role was in HBO’s The Leftovers alongside Justin Theroux and Liv Tyler.

• Laura Harrier: An actress and model whose major film debut was starring as Liz in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

• Awkwafina: This Asian-American rapper/ actress isn’t afraid to speak her mind. In addition to a rap career Awkwafina studied Mandarin at the Beijing Language and Culture University and journalism at the University of Albany.

• Bria Vinaite: Born in Lithuania and then later moved to Brooklyn when she was young, Vinaite started her own clothing brand, CroniCal Designs, at 19. In 2016, she got her first acting role as Halley in The Florida Project.

• Storm Reid: This 14-year-old has been acting for over a decade. At 9 years old, Reid starred in the Academy Award winning film 12 Years a Slave. She also starred alongside Oprah, Mindy Kaling, and Reese Witherspoon in 2018’s adaption of Madeleine L’Engle’s novel, A Wrinkle in Time.

Ranging in age from 14-29, Teen Vogue’s Young Hollywood Class of 2018 already has some pretty impressive credits under their belts, in addition to being advocates and role models for young adults all around the world. We can’t wait to see what’s in store next!

Source

*Image courtesy of Teen Vogue.

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.