Talia Gabriel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week’s celebrity is senior Talia Gabriel, one of many who is making this world a better place. From Manchester, Connecticut, her involvement started freshman year on the basketball team, running indoor and outdoor track all four years, and is now with the Barry Price Center Club. 

The Barry Price Center Club hosted a Spread the Word to End the Word event a few weeks ago, and their next event is even bigger. Laser For A Day is a day where the people of Newton and Lasell are united. People with disabilities in the Newton area will participate in a game, in Lasell uniform and all. Talia has been the major driving force behind both of these events, with the help of SAAC, the Barry Price Center Club, and Denise Archetto. But her love of helping people started many years ago.

“I have been helping with special Olympics since I was in high school with my first unified gym class. This is when I developed my passion for helping and being so close to the special Olympics Mass headquarters I figured why not apply and try to become an intern,” she said. Talia did go on to intern for the Special Olympics, as the sport director intern. During her time there Talia was in charge of scheduling soccer and football tournaments. She said, “I actually was the head person for the flag football tournament at Gillette Stadium which was incredible.”

When asked what other Lasers can do to help bring this to campus, the answer is simple. “On April 26th, they can just show up and fill the stands. Spectators are what makes these events and having the lasers on campus cheering them on would be amazing.” 

You heard her Lasers! The event is on April 26th, from 10am-2pm, in the Athletic Center. 

Photo provided by Celebrity

Taylor is a senior at Lasell majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in sociology. She has happily been a member of Her Campus Lasell for the past two years. This will be her second year as Campus Correspondent. She is also involved with Active Minds on campus. Taylor runs a camp during the summer, and in her free time likes to bake cookies, get swoll at the gym, eat fancy food and travel through Europe.