Style > Beauty

Sunscreen Recommendations to Save Your Skin During the Cold Seasons

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

When the cold seasons come, it’s very easy to forget that the sun can still affect you like it does on a summer day. When it comes to wearing sunscreen I get very picky. I avoid the intense sunscreens that feel like you are smothering a cakey lotion on your face. The lotions that make you feel like you’re five years-old and a whole butt-load of cream is being applied to your face and making you look like a snowman.

1. SuperGoop: Unseen Sunscreen

Rating: 5/5 stars

As far as the fall season goes, this has been my favorite sunscreen. It’s as true as how it is labeled, unseen! I love how the lotion is nice and light. Even after you apply it, it doesn’t feel like you have sunscreen on. As soon as you apply it, it’s like it was never there! I love that it can also act as a primer for foundation for additional coverage. And because it’s so light, your face won’t feel too layered after putting foundation on over it. Plus, it can act as a moisturizer which is such a good bonus for crusty skin in the fall. 

1. Hawaiian Tropics: Spray screen 

Rating: 4/5 stars

You see, I’m not sure if you should use body spray sunscreen as your sunscreen face lotion, but I do. I have yet to have a bad experience, so I’m going to keep rolling with this. This lightweight spray was my favorite to use in the summer, and it continues on in the fall. Since its a spray too, it makes it easier to apply it on my face. Plus the scent is amazing! So you can continue to carry your “Un Verano Sin Ti” into your Autumn. 

1. SuperGoop: Glow Screen

Rating: 4/5 stars

I accidentally bought this SuperGoop sunscreen instead of the unseen version. However, it helped me find a sunscreen that gives a dewy look. As this is a primer, I usually use it as both a primer and sunscreen for my natural makeup looks that need a bit of a glow. 

Obviously everyone has different skin types so this may not be for everyone. But, as someone who takes notice of how certain moisturizers and lotions affect my face, these three seem to be great for my skin during the cold months of fall.

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Senior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. She is sneaker- obsessed and loves the world of fashion. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.