Stranger Things 2 Recap: SPOILER ALERT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

WARNING: this article will definitely include spoilers!!

The long awaited Stranger Things 2 is finally out, so of course, we were dedicated to binge watching the entire new season.  With the introduction of new character additions, new love interests, and new, somehow creepier Upside Down nonsense, this season was as good as it was anticipated to be and I was not disappointed.

First off, we start with poor Will. He already had the worst past year of his life being chained to the Upside Down and held captive, and again in this season, he can’t escape it.  Not only does he experience horrible flashbacks to this other world, but gets used as a host by this horrible vines virus thing (just like any typical middle schooler of course).

Joyce, his mother, played a total helicopter parent through the season, with good reasons of course, but we also saw more into her personal life with her love interest, Bob, and weird sexual tension with Hopper.  Bob ended up playing underdog this season, fighting trying to save Joyce, her son, and all of the rest of the town by the vines (STILL not over his death).

We meet Maxine this new season, a skateboarding, video game playing redhead new to the area that finds an interest in the friend group, and a special interest in Lucas.  She not only is a total badass who beat up her controlling, awful step-brother, but also her confidence and toughness played an important part in joining the young crew and helping defeat the monster that took over Will and the town once again.

Barb, unfortunately still doesn’t get the justice she so much deserved, but her death was still frequently talked about.  Her poor family ended up selling their house to try to find her, and Nancy is an absolute wreck about it still, getting wasted and feeling guilty about it.

Mentioning Nancy, the love triangle with her, Steve, and Jonathan is still a mess.  BUT Nancy and Jonathan FINALLY share a kiss towards the end of the season.   

Who couldn’t forget about Eleven? Everyone thought she was dead, but she was in fact just being hidden by Hopper.  We find out a lot about her past in this season. She runs away from “home”, meets her mother, finds her sister, and gets a total badass makeover.  Undeniably, however, the best moment was when she was finally reunited with her love interest, Mike, and they share a kiss at the school dance.

With all the amazing and scary events that happened in season 2, there’s much anticipation for what’s next to come!  Season 3 is currently said to be in the works.  

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.