Steve Saluti

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

For a change of pace from the wonderful women at Lasell College comes a tall, ambitious senior  named Steve Saluti for this week’s Campus Cutie.  One might consider it obvious that this 6’1” guy is part of Lasell’s rugby team, even though that may be true, Saluti holds many other titles at Lasell.  This includes being a member of the Student Associated Government (SGA), Lasell Says Thank-you, and Leadership Scholar Program.  

A close fellow Lasell rugby teammate even volunteered a recent accomplishment of Saluti’s.  He said, “He was named most valuable player (MVP) of the semi-professional rugby team of the Boston Thirteens.”  The Boston Thirteens rugby team is located here in Boston, Massachusetts.  

Saluti admires a lot about Lasell, more specifically he said, “The fact that it’s a small school and you get to know everyone and the faculty and they know you by your first name.”  The presence of community is strong within Lasell College and having the advantage to know your peers and professors on a personal level appeals to Saluti.  

When Saluti was asked what his outfit of choice would be he confidently said, “Sperrys with a Ralph Lauren polo or button down.” A rugby player with an eye for style is hard to come by nowadays, but having four sisters certaintly helped point Saluti in a fashionable direction.

Saluti also mentioned that two of his four sisters have graduated from Lasell College in previous years. He said, “One was Human Services, one was Phycology.  I’m Human services, not really breaking the chain.” 

While he may be following in the footsteps of his sisters with a similar degree from Lasell College his bucket list items are unique.  The top of his bucket list starts with the wish to someday play rugby overseas and is quickly followed by the dream to have enough courage to overcome his fear of heights in order to conquer skydiving in the future.  

Finally the most important question that Saluti answered for Her Campus was what his perfect date would be.  Saluti simply said, “A mix between fun and romantic.”  If any Lasell ladies want more information on Saluti’s last answer a suggestion would be to the lucky lady who gets to attend that date because Saluti is single and currently crushing on a certain someone.