Style

Spotted: What HC Lasell and Friends Wore to Her Campus’s College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Forget Christmas, Her Campus’s College Fashion Week is the most wonderful time of the year.  Hosted at the Revere Hotel this year, the place was decked out with the hottest goods from sponsors like Innisfree, Shea Moisture, Batisse, and of course Primark whose clothes stole the runway.  There were tons of activities and the cutest Insta photo ops that have been taking over my feed, including the build your own flower bouquet box, the #honeymoment mirrors, the Primark glitter wall, and the booth where they screen printed shirts right in front of you (OMG).  Although the activities and the runway were all to die for, what really blew me away were the looks everyone brought to the show!  Everyone was decked out in the latest trends and brought their A-game and I was kind of living for it. Here are some of what Her Campus Lasell and friends brought to the table:

Boiler Suit for Days

Raegan Cleary, former Social Media Director and Treasurer, looked so pretty in pink in this boiler suit she snagged from Boohoo. Her black accessories (hello Gucci) were perfect to complement the look!

She said, “I love this boiler suit.  They have been super trendy lately and even appeared on the CFW runway. I thought it was a nice statement piece without being too dressed up. To make it a little more chic I added a Gucci belt and had gold earrings and a black and gold bag to match. To finish off my look I went for my Steve Madden platform sandals because they are super comfy but also super cute!”

Graphic Prints and Animal Patterns

BFF and honorary HC Lasell member, Liv Souza, went for the more grunge approach when deciding what to dress in for the big event.  However, this isn’t your average #basic leopard print midi skirt.  She actually was super innovative and layered her looks over a leopard print dress she scored at H&M. Also, can we talk about those accessories?  We love that she’s bringing back all of the middle school nostalgia with a grommet belt and her big earrings are the perfect last touch. 

She said, “I decided to spice up a leopard dress by layering this t-shirt from Forever 21 of the 1996 film adaptation of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet and adding a grommet belt and my favorite pair of Doc Martens to match. Being comfy and expressing my individual style is super important to me so wearing a graphic T of one of my favorite movies and my Docs felt like a no brainer.”

White out

Madison Paloski, Editor in Chief, went all out in white.  She loaded on the accessories with her various layered necklaces, her favorite circle chain belt she found at Target, and one of her prized possessions, her hand-painted cow print mini bag she DIY’d herself. 

“As soon as I saw boiler suits coming back into fashion I knew I needed one in my life.  Also, I’ve been living for monochromatic neutral fits and especially white on white (yes, even though it’s after Labor Day),” Madison said.  “It makes me feel super powerful.”

Chic Blazers and Biker Shorts

Sara Nahoun, current Social Media Director and Treasurer, didn’t come to play in her white blazer and biker shorts combo.  We love how she played down business casual in a super trendy way.  Her Melissa x À La Garçonne platform sandals are the perfect statement piece to finish off her black and white look.

“I decided to wear this Topshop blazer, All Saints tank, biker shorts, and my favorite Melissa x À La Garçonne shoes. I wore it because it’s easy and casual, but chic,” Sara said.

We loved everything CFW had to offer us and can’t wait until next year.  Thanks Her Campus!

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.