Sophomore Spotlight: Christina Tomasik

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It’s not every day you meet someone who tries to involve themselves so frequently in extracurricular activities and is so passionate about their major.  Christina Tomasik, a sophomore early childhood education major, is so dedicated and passionate to her studies and to Lasell.

Lasell had always been her first choice, although it was not the first school that she had toured.  After an open house she attended with her mom, they both fell in love instantly.

She said, “Although Endicott would’ve been the smarter choice for me in the long run, I just felt like I was called to Lasell. Everything about it was the perfect fit for me.”

Choosing her major, Tomasik started off as an elementary education major and has recently switched to early childhood education.  Although early childhood education is new, she always felt like it was the right place for her as she loves working with younger kids.

Her overall goal is most likely to be a teacher, but she could also see herself possibly working as a teaching aid helping special needs students.  Although she also had a love for art, It’s always been the goal for her throughout high school to pursue teaching.

“It almost started as an existential crisis,” Tomasik laughed.  “I was just going into high school and wasn’t sure what I had wanted to do with my life.  I sat down to think about it and I could really only see myself as being a teacher and here I am now.”

In her free time, Tomasik loves to read and has taught herself how to play guitar and ukulele.  She also has just recently picked up painting again, which is something she has always loved since she was a kid. Currently, she’s the Vice President of the She’s the First chapter at Lasell and will take place as President when the current President graduates in May.

She’s the First, a non-profit organization that focuses on education for girls in areas that do not normally promote female empowerment and education, is something she never knew she would get into.

She said, “I just started showing up to more and more meetings and getting involved and my dedication to the club really paid off when they asked me to take a position on the executive board.  I have tons of plans for the club and plan to continue fundraisers like the leadership conferences and the gala. I also plan on reworking older fundraisers and really making sure all of the members are involved throughout the year.”

Overall, her plans are to make the club the best it can be by focusing on the content of the club and making it strong.

Tomasik also will begin a position as Copy Editor for the Her Campus chapter at Lasell in the fall.

*photos taken by author

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.